Calorie counting help

Options
Hey. I've been at this for about a week now and I have come upon a snag. How do I factor in the olive oil I am using to cook something in?

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Hey. I've been at this for about a week now and I have come upon a snag. How do I factor in the olive oil I am using to cook something in?

Depending on how much you use, just add a teaspoon or table spoon measure to the meals you cook with olive oil.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Measure the amount you use for the whole meal, divide by the portion you eat. If you used 1 Tablespoon and ate 1/4 of what was cooked, enter 1/4 Tablespoon.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I just eyeball it and add a tablespoon or two for the whole day.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    If your olive oil is in a bottle or spray can, put the bottle/can on your food scale, zero (tare) it, use some olive oil, put the container back on the scale, read the negative value: That's the amount you used. Log using a database entry that uses weight.

Alternatively, put the plate/pan of what you're adding olive oil to on the scale, zero it, drizzle or dump the olive oil on/in, read the positive value, and log it using a database entry that uses weight.

Super simple, pretty accurate.

If you made something that has multiple portions (and you don't eat all of them), log the appropriate portion of the amount you used, like 1/4 of the amount if there were 4 servings.