how to lose those stubborn final lbs?

Options
im finding it hard to stick to a plan and count down to the nitty gritty macros to losing my final 15 lbs.

does anybody have some meal ideas/plans that are high in protein and overall macro friendly?

i was thinkng of eating a keto diet with fruits and veggies but will this help me lose those stubborn last pounds?

i need a plan that i will stick with..

i eat around 1300 cals a day when I am healthy but i find it so hard to not given in to the high in calories food. i know if i eat 1300 cals i will lose the weight but i have no self control.

what are some foods you ate when trying to lose those stubborn pounds of fat.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It's good that you realise that you struggle with sticking to a plan, the more the more detailed and complicated it is, but that you need a plan you will stick with, and that it's hard to not give in to more, delicious food, especially when you're eating too little and/or unbalanced.

This prepares you for letting go of any unnecessary goals, and set up your own meal plan with just the right amount of calories, and a macro split that makes it easier for you to stick to it. Yes, you can eat any foods you like.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    In one word persistence, it will come off if you are persistent.

I went from 320lbs to 200 in a little over a year. I sat at 200lbs for almost another year, no loss and no gain. Hey 200 is way better than 320. Anyways I got to playing with my macros, and was able to drop the last 15lbs in about a month by cutting my carbs in half.

That's what worked for me, you will have to experiment and see what works for you.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,866 Member
    Options
    im finding it hard to stick to a plan and count down to the nitty gritty macros to losing my final 15 lbs.

does anybody have some meal ideas/plans that are high in protein and overall macro friendly?

i was thinkng of eating a keto diet with fruits and veggies but will this help me lose those stubbor last pounds?

i need a plan that i will stick with..

i eat around 1300 cals a day when I am healthy but i find it so hard to not given in to the high in calories food. i know if i eat 1300 cals i will lose the weight but i have no self control.

what are some foods you ate when trying to lose those stubborn pounds of fat.

For the last pounds, I strove to eat the same well-rounded, balanced, mostly nutrient-dense foods (plus a few treats) that I'd eaten for the whole rest of my weight loss, and stick to my calorie goal the overwhelming majority of days.

Losing the last pounds should be pretty slow (0.5 pounds a week or slower), for best odds of excellent health and energy level, so patience is the main addition. Seeing that slow loss through routine daily fluctuations (of a pound or three) is hard, so a weight-trending app can be especially helpful (as long as one doesn't over-react to its fluctuations! ;) ).

As far as self control: Make sure you've reduced (slowed) your loss rate. Don't be trying for 1-2 pounds a week when you have 10 pounds to go. Beyond that, pay attention to what keeps you full and satisfied; it may require switching around the timing of your eating; eating more filling foods (which differ for individuals); putting more emphasis on other hunger/craving-related life factors like sleep, hydration, and stress management; etc. If you've been white-knuckling through your losses avoiding all treats, start including some in reasonable amounts, because you'll need to moderate those in maintenance, too (unless you're willing to give them up forever - I wasn't).

Best wishes!