Carrot Cake Please?!!!!!

Options
Will_Thrust_For_Candy
Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
Hey all!

I'm looking for a recipe for an amazing carrot cake recipe! I'm not the greatest baker around so something that is somewhat simple would work best, but with that being said, if it's truly amazing I will give it a go regardless of skill level!

Thank you in advance!

Oh, BTW.....this doesn't have to be a "clean" recipe :smile: Thank you!

Replies

• nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have a cake recipe for you (but will be watching this thread). But it did remind me - have you tried Chocolate Covered Katie's carrot cake waffles? Yummo!
  • clo92boom
    clo92boom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    175g light muscovado sugar
    175ml sunflower oil
    3 large eggs, lightly beaten
    140g grated carrots (about 3 medium)
    100g raisins
    grated zest of 1 large orange
    175g self-raising flour
    1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    ½ tsp grated nutmeg (freshly grated will give you the best flavour)

For the frosting

Cream cheese and icing sugar to taste

Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4/fan 160C. Oil and line 2 round cake tin with baking parchment.
    Tip the sugar into a large mixing bowl, pour in the oil and add the eggs. Lightly mix with a wooden spoon. Stir in the grated carrots, raisins and orange rind. Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices, then sift into the bowl. Lightly mix all the ingredients (mixture will be fairly soft and almost runny). Pour the mixture into the prepared tins and bake for 40 mins, until it feels firm and springy when you press it in the centre. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn it out.
    Once cooled top and fill with the cream cheese frosting.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Carrot cake is my favorite. Unfortunately, I've never made it before.

BUMP.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Thank you!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    bump for later - more info on these waffles too, please! lol :)
  • MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Carrot-Cake-2/Detail.aspx

If you don't care about 'clean' this recipe is amazing! I added 1 cup of raisins when I made this. I will never buy another carrot cake again!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    bump for later - more info on these waffles too, please! lol :)

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/03/22/super-healthy-carrot-cake-waffles/

■1/2 cup spelt flour (or all-purpose or Bob’s gluten-free) (60g)
    ■1/2 tsp cinnamon
    ■1/4 tsp salt
    ■1/4 tsp baking soda
    ■1 tsp baking powder
    ■pinch stevia extract, or 2 tbsp agave or pure maple syrup
    ■1/4 cup shredded carrot (32g)
    ■1/3 cup milk of choice (decrease by 2tbsp if using the agave/syrup) (80g is 1/3c)
    ■1 tbsp more milk of choice or 1 tbsp oil (15g)
    ■1 tsp pure vanilla extract (4g)
    Combine first 6 ingredients in a mixing bowl, and stir well. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Grease your waffle maker, with oil or oil spray (be sure to grease well if using the oil-free version), then let it preheat. Pour wet ingredients into dry, and stir to make a batter. When the iron is hot, pour half the batter into the center of the iron, and close the lid. (My machine has a light that goes out when the waffle is ready. Don’t lift the lid before the waffle is finished cooking.) Frost these vegan carrot cake waffles with either coconut butter or my healthy cream cheese frosting (linked below the second photo in this post).
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Carrot-Cake-2/Detail.aspx

If you don't care about 'clean' this recipe is amazing! I added 1 cup of raisins when I made this. I will never buy another carrot cake again!

Awesome! Thanks :)
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the links.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    bumping as I can have the waffles even with all my restrictions. Need a waffle maker now.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Great.

Between Taunto's Asian food post and now all the talk about carrot cake, including chocolate carrot cake waffles, I'm really hungry.

Good thing I'm on a bulk. :happy:
  • _DreDay_
    _DreDay_ Posts: 40
    Options
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Bump for carrot cake! I'm gonna make pancakes with the recipe above cause I don't have a waffle iron.
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Carrot Cake Cheese Cake??!!! This might be heaven!!
  • MichelleLibberton
    Options
    The Hummingbird Bakery recipe is so good...

Prepare Ahead

Prepare two quantities of Cream Cheese Frosting (see separate recipe). Base line three 20-cm cake tins with greaseproof paper.

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F) Gas 3.

Put the sugar, eggs and oil in a freestanding electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk) and beat until all the ingredients are well incorporated (don’t worry if the mixture looks slightly split). Slowly add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and vanilla extract and continue to beat until well mixed.

Stir in the grated carrots and walnuts by hand until they are all evenly dispersed. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tins and smooth over with a palette knife. Bake in the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes, or until golden brown and the sponge bounces back when touched. Leave the cakes to cool slightly in the tins before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.

When the cakes are cold, put one on a cake stand and spread about one-quarter of the Cream Cheese Frosting over it with a palette knife. Place a second cake on top and spread another quarter of the frosting over it.

Top with the last cake and spread the remaining frosting over the top and sides. Finish with walnuts and a light sprinkling of cinnamon.

Ingredients

300g soft light brown sugar
    3 eggs
    300ml sunflower oil
    300g plain flour
    1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp ground cinnamon , plus extra to decorate
    ½ tsp ground ginger
    ½ tsp salt
    ¼ tsp vanilla extract
    300g carrots , grated
    100g shelled walnuts , chopped, plus extra, chopped and whole, to decorate
    Total time required Total time: 45 mins

Preparation time: 20 mins
    Cooking time: 25 mins
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    This is super good & super moist. Can't tell it is healthy (only 2 tbsp oil in the whole thing!).

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/03/super-moist-carrot-cake-with-cream.html

carrot-cake2.jpg

carrot-cake.jpg
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    These all look great! I wonder if I can trick him with the clean one?? :laugh:

Thank you so much!
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Oh, someone plzzzzzze post one with cream cheese. Yummmo!