2»

Replies

• Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Lizzypb88 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    OP, I don't think you've answered this yet (unless I missed it) - how many lbs per week are you losing since you started running?

I lost 10 pounds (80 pounds prior to that) but gained it back because I became more hungry and having too many off diet days... I lost 1/2 a pound to 1 pound a week when I was running, until I started to over eat. In general I lost 0.75 pounds a week over 1.5 years

OK, thanks!

I was able to take a look at your diary. It is hard to tell how accurate it is, because you use a lot of recipe entries and restaurant entries. I would just generally suggest that you do kind of a gut check and make sure your logging is as tight as possible. Having accurate data can make it a lot easier to troubleshoot if you are having problems.

I will say that even for a shorter person, since you do exercise, 1250 calories is pretty low. It's possible you are undereating during the week and overeating on your cheat day, and then when you added in the running your body just can't find a happy middle ground of appetite to settle on. Perhaps you can find a middle ground of saving like 50 cals per day and then eating the 300 cals you saved on your "cheat" day. I'll add, there is no physical reason why your first cheat day led to the end of a plateau. It was quite probably coincidence! It's perfectly normal to have a couple of weeks here and there where you don't lose weight, and the smaller you are, the more typical it becomes.

It looks like you're getting enough protein and fat. I can't see fiber, but some people find fiber necessary to feel full, so you might want to check that as well.

The last thing I noticed is you tend to eat most of your calories in one or two larger meals. Is that the way you have always eaten? There is absolutely nothing wrong with that eating pattern, but it may help you to experiment with meal timing and spacing to see if a different pattern will control your hunger better.

Just some stuff to think about, I hope you figure it out!

I'm definitely diligent with my food, it's actually from a meal prep place and all the food is weighed and portioned so I know I'm on point as far as calories go... but I've been having 1-3 cheat days out of 7 for a year now, and in that time I've gained 10 pounds