Lifestyle change journey

Options
Hello, my name is Jaime. I am a 32 year old female starting my lifestyle change journey. I am a RN and I work in the ER. I am constantly on the go with my job. I work 12 hour shifts, and I’m left feeling exhausted even on my days off. My overall goal is to feel healthy and energetic. My biggest problem is constant fatigue. No matter how much or how little I sleep, I am always tired! I’m just tired of being tired. I want to feel like I’m 32 and not 80! I’m not over weight, but I would like to lose 5lbs, to be where I’m most happy with my physical appearance. However, I realize that muscle weighs more than fat, and I really want to get back to my “fit self.” About 1.5 year ago I was very happy with my physical appearance and energy level. I weighed more than I normally do, but I looked and felt great. I worked out 5 days a week, doing full body weight workouts. I’m close to that weight now, but I don’t feel great, and I’m definitely not happy with my appearance. I’ve been doing a lot of reading on Keto, and have decided that Keto is where my journey begins.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Eating well is crucial to feeling well and energetic. It would be interesting to know why you chose keto (of all things).
  • ebayfurman
    ebayfurman Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started Keto 2 weeks ago easiest diet I have been on. Add me if you want any help..
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Everything you describe in the first 3/4 of your posts suggest that you should consider recomp instead of losing weight. Maybe you should look into that. And I have no idea how keto fits into anything you mentioned. You could drop 5 lbs of water weight in a few days, but what will that accomplish?