Need An Accountability Buddy... Or Team... Probably Both

Options
For the better part of a year and a half, I've done really well on my own trying to get this weight off. However, after going from 208 to 140, I've slammed face first into a plateau. I won't lie, my biggest foe is the tastiest. Ice cream. (99.999% of the time it's light ice cream, but that only makes it marginally better)

So, while I know I have to put the scoop down and hit the gym more, I could really use some MFP friends who are willing to help keep me grounded and motivated.

Thank you all in advance!!

Replies

• brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I totally get this! For me, it is really easy to slack off once I feel a little "better" and thus deprive myself of getting to my goal, or just turn around and gain it back.

I just lost my 20 lbs for the oh, what, third time and MFP and lifetime, maybe the 10th or 15th time. This is not good for me and I was resolved to do it different this time ... well after 2 months in maintenance I realize the discipline cannot stop here, or it won't be different at all.

Sent you a FR.
  • hereslibby
    hereslibby Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Completely understand where you’re coming from! I started trying to lose weight at A 210 pounds almost exactly 2 years ago. In the beginning I really struggled losing and gaining, losing and gaining, I found out about MFP January 2017 and joined. It is been great support and has help me lose a lot of weight. My goal is to be somewhere between 140 and 145, any less than that I look like a scarecrow. I hit a plateau earlier this year and have been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds over and over. My motivation is very low, stress in my life is very high right now. I do have some motivational friends currently on MFP but could always use some more!
    I am sending you a friend request.
  • sonarbabe
    sonarbabe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    hereslibby wrote: »
    I hit a plateau earlier this year and have been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds over and over. My motivation is very low, stress in my life is very high right now.

Same! I hit 139.7 at one point and bounce up and down from 139 to 142. Yeah, it's only 3 lbs, but it's been 2 months! LOL
  • mrsmotivated1961
    mrsmotivated1961 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Really need you guys!! I have chronic back pain and had to leave my job about 5 years ago...in that 5 years, sadly, I've gained 40lbs. Ugh, really motivated to get rid of that 40!