Newbie here :)

Options
I signed up a long time ago, but pretty much thought I could do this on my own. After all, Im smart, Ive done this before, blah blah blah....FAIL.

So, here I am. Came back from vacation where I hid from almost every.single.photo.shot. Squeezing into my 16's like a sausage and having to wear a swimsuit in front of thousands of people and having my kids hear me complain about myself made me realize that is is a major problem. This is not healthy, and I MUST do something.

Since I have been back, I have lost 4 pounds. That is motivation for sure, seeing as though I have an 80 pound weight loss goal.

Anyone else in these same shoes?

Replies

• onecatleadstoanother
    Options
    I have a goal of 135 pounds to lose (16 gone so far). I was stuffing myself into 22's.
  • joy1roberts
    joy1roberts Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly new either, but today is my first time in the message boards looking for friends. Feel free to add me :)
  • npc80
    npc80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya :)
    Goal of 74, 6 lost so far!
  • murdledoe
    murdledoe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am actually crammed into 16's also. Eleven years ago I went through a life style change and gained 40 pounds. I am now looking to take at least 50 off and am exercising again. Feels great. You can add me to your list if you want.
  • greglumpkin
    greglumpkin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter where you've been. All that matters is where you're going. The key is to begin. Good habits are just as addictive as bad habits. Make good choices! :-)

Welcome back and I wish you the best.

G

:happy:
  • Angel03744
    Angel03744 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Heya, I'm Lissa.... Feel free to add me, (I do not bite lol.)

have been here a while and in your situations. Am finally working my weight off lol, and I'm here for the long haul
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya :)
    Goal of 74, 6 lost so far!

Thats awesome!! I cannot wait until I can say the same :)
  • wife2bo
    wife2bo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    same here! I too was here in the past and didn't stick with it. I've came back with a totally new attitude and I've lost 3lbs so far :)
    feel free to add me as well
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    When I fell off the wagon and came back, actually I fell off my horse and broke my neck, I couldn't afford bigger pants so I cut the waist bands on all my size 18s, now I'm always walking around pulling them up because I'm in a 14-16 ish. I still can't afford clothes after so much time off work and I think my money is better spent on a personal trainer right now.

I applaud you for wearing a bathing suit as I wouldn't be caught dead in one yet!

My goals are 80-90 pounds or less, I'm going for body fat of 18% so I don't know what I will actually weigh yet.

I'm extremely motivated and dedicated to getting this done because I'm 1000% worth it. It took me a really long time to realize that and that I am not being self-centered but I am finally getting some self-esteem. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • new_beth_2013
    Options
    I'm extremely motivated and dedicated to getting this done because I'm 1000% worth it. It took me a really long time to realize that and that I am not being self-centered but I am finally getting some self-esteem. Feel free to add me if you want.
    [/quote]

^^ that is exactly what all of us need to do!!! Realize our worth :)
  • Tho127
    Tho127 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm Tara and I'm a Newbie. :)
    I joined back when I was at what is now my goal weight. SMH Anyway, I am getting married next May and am determined to look as good as I can for my FH. I just started back on MFP last Thursday and so far have lost 4.5 lbs. woohoo! It's a start! I am focusing on just getting back control of my binge eating. I am back in the gym with a wonderful workout partner/bridesmaid and we are having fun at it.
    So this forum will be a great help.
  • hollyann31
    hollyann31 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi im Holly..new but not really...you can do it!! just try to keep a positive mind frame..welcome btw
  • new_beth_2013
    Options
    Tara- you can totally do this. You have time!
  • new_beth_2013
    Options
    Wow Holly you have done an amazing job...I would love to know how you are meeting your goals!
  • kdawner
    kdawner Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey! Welcome back, I am returning, too! Looking for motivation and encouragement!
  • ccarew77
    ccarew77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am absolutely in a similar situation. Let's connect!
    You are off to a fabulous start. :)
    I am feeling a bit frustrated - Week 1 and no results but I won't give up.
    Battlling underactive thyroid so so it may take a while but I definitely feel SO much better after just one week of "clean eating"
  • djones209
    djones209 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Another newbie here. Just started (back) almost a week ago. I used the MyPlate from Livestrong until today. I just thought that 984 calories per day was not enough and already realize that it will make me quit. Today I moved my last week of eating, etc. to MFP and already feel better about what up I am dong with 1200 calories per day. Good luck to all the other newbies and wish me luck as well!