What Works?

d090882
d090882 Posts: 148 Member
Please list briefly -1. How much weight you lost, 2. How long it took, 3. How was your maintenance? In short, what works?

Replies

• workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    1– 28 pounds
    2– 4 months
    3– Not at goal yet. 3 pounds from normal BMI and 10 pounds from “goal”. What is working for me: logging religiously and enjoyable movement like walking and Pilates.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I lost 25 lbs and I didn’t try very hard, i didn’t lose it all for like a year and a half. (This was after I had my last child) I’ve been maintaining my weight for almost a year.
  • brig220
    brig220 Posts: 52 Member
    no extremes, portion control, snack control, enjoy all foods (including chocolate cake :smile:) but eat mostly healthy ones, again, portion control
  • Back_4_more
    Back_4_more Posts: 92 Member
    27lbs in 7 weeks.
    Strictly diet and only worked out 3 times on the elliptical.
    Cheat meal on Sunday, but strict the rest of the week.
    45f, 30p, 25c
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    1. 127 lbs
    2. 14 months
    3. Been in maintenance for 2+ years now. It's been up and down. My lowest weight was 178 (I'm 6'2") and I'm currently hovering around ~200. I started bulking slowly before the holidays of 2017 and have gained about 22ish pounds since then. I'd say it's probably a 50/50 split of muscle and fat, currently still working on muscle but have dropped the calories back from surplus to maintenance. Hoping by the end of the summer to be back around the 10-12% body fat range, and I expect my final weight will be 190-195ish. The only thing that works for me is to continue logging and staying within my calorie goal. It doesn't matter what your goals are, calories are what control your weight. I'm not certain I'll log forever, but I am certain that for now it's a must.
  • amy740404
    amy740404 Posts: 4 Member
    Down 45 lbs - one year, one month
    Logging everything, even bad days - trainer x3 per week, every week, cardio 30 min 3 x week, every week
    Not at maintenance yet - 20 more pounds to go
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    - 60 pounds
    - Just over a year
    - Not at maintenance yet. I have 5 pounds to go to hit the top of a healthy BMI then will reassess. I may shoot for 70-75 pounds total.
    - What works for me? A modest deficit. Eating slightly less than what I used to eat. Eating the same things I used to eat. Using a food scale. Strength training to retain muscle. Playing the long game. Not expecting overnight results.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!