September wedding is getting closer

Options
Anyone else losing weight for a special occasion in September!

I’ve lost 25.5lbs in the last 20 weeks and have 18lbs left to shift in the next 17 weeks! Finding it hard to keep it up now!

How are you doing?

Replies

• gutsnglory6
    gutsnglory6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey! Congrats! I’m also getting married in September. I set out three months ago with a goal to lose about 19 lbs by then. I’m currently about 1 pound away (but I know I’m going to have some tough weeks of travel/socializing/eating and drinking ahead, so I don’t quite consider myself nearly finished yet). It get harder as you get closer, and the weight is slower to come off - but it’s totally doable. Each time I feel like I’m losing motivation, I think about how I want to look in my wedding dress.
  • jorichards2
    jorichards2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks I purposely order a dress based on the size I was 8 years ago when I was my target weight. Every time I want to fall off the wagon I look at the dress photos!

Good luck with the next few months. Weddings are definitely the best motivation x
  • prettyshambolic
    prettyshambolic Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in September as well. Down 60 lbs so far, hoping to lose 20 more lbs by then!
  • d090882
    d090882 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think maintenance is a bigger challenge
  • d090882
    d090882 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    make a lifestyle change that is sustainable for next 30 years like eating more veg.