Under calories and no weight loss.

Options
2»

Replies

• Gretaholden1
    Gretaholden1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Also different body weights burn calories at different rates. If you google it you can get a more accurate calorie burn if you enter the exercise and your current weight. It doesn't do much for MFP's exercise log, they need to ad a temperary burn entry for people who want a more specific calorie burn. (You can google weight lose by body weight to find the burn rate) you may have to look at a couple of aps to find one.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Also different body weights burn calories at different rates. If you google it you can get a more accurate calorie burn if you enter the exercise and your current weight. It doesn't do much for MFP's exercise log, they need to ad a temperary burn entry for people who want a more specific calorie burn. (You can google weight lose by body weight to find the burn rate) you may have to look at a couple of aps to find one.

The MFP exercise entries already do adjust for body weight.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    1600 cals for 5000 steps seems like a lot?

Just as a data point: I'm male and weigh 200 lbs. I checked back through my Garmin Connect to find a ~5,000 step day. For 5,176 steps, it gave me 309 calories. Yesterday, for 10,020 steps, it gave me 636 calories.

Female, ~115 lb. For pavement running, at a typical running stride of 0.94m, that would be ~4.9k, so ~3.1 mi -> my Garmin would credit me 220-230 calories (less if they were not all running steps)(it almost always gives me 72-74 calories per mile).
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Your Garmin and MFP are messing up your exercise calories severely. Something doesn't always work correctly between MFP and devices. Could be a setting in one or the other. Could be a flaw in the software that exports the data, or MFP's software that imports that exported data.

Happened with me when I synced up my HRM/Samsung Health with MFP.

Turn off MFP's link to your step counter/HRM, and manually enter in the calorie burn for focused exercise (like cycling).