Smart watch that syncs to gym equipment

Options
Hi all,

Is there such a thing? I used to have a HRM watch that had a band that went around my chest to track my heart rate. That band would trasmit to the watch, and also to the gym equipment, so it would show my heart rate without me having to use the contacts on the handles (which don't work half the time for me, anyway).

I want to get a new smart watch to sync with my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S7), and was wondering if any of them transmit a signal to the equipment. Syncing to my phone is the most important thing, but it's still frustrating when the elliptical kicks out of Cardio mode and into Manual mode because it's not getting a heart rate from me.

Thanks!

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    There are 3 standards for chest straps, Polar, Garmin(ANT+), and BLE. Without knowing what brand of equipment, it's impossible to know. The problem is that the Polar equipment is almost entirely proprietary where the ANT+ and BLE are published standards and there are compatible equipment.

A Wahoo Strap will sync with 1 ANT+ and one BLE devices simultaneously. meaning that you could sync it with your phone/watch as well as the equipment(If it's ANT+ compatible).