100 days of completely clean eating

Options
jr1985
jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
Hey guys! I need your help! And you guys are the best people I know to ask! Friday will be 100 days before my 28th birthday and I want to do, for me, a radical change during those 100 days... I want to, if possible go with completely no processed foods... including things that are minimally processed.... so this means no cheese, no salad dressing, nothing from a can or a bottle. Nothing bleached or enriched either.

I will also be working out for at least an hr everyday and try to read the Bible all the way through in that time, as well as just getting rid of all the crap in general from my life.

So friends. I need all the super clean eating recipes you can throw at me! Especially any good crock pot meals. Thanks for your help!

Replies

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Here are a few websites I've gotten recipes from:

100 days of real food
    Clean Eating Magazine (the magazine seems to be defunct, but the website is still active)
    Clean Eat Diet

Good luck
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I need your help! And you guys are the best people I know to ask! Friday will be 100 days before my 28th birthday and I want to do, for me, a radical change during those 100 days... I want to, if possible go with completely no processed foods... including things that are minimally processed.... so this means no cheese, no salad dressing, nothing from a can or a bottle. Nothing bleached or enriched either.

I will also be working out for at least an hr everyday and try to read the Bible all the way through in that time, as well as just getting rid of all the crap in general from my life.

So friends. I need all the super clean eating recipes you can throw at me! Especially any good crock pot meals. Thanks for your help!

I am so glad to hear this!! I have tried, but thought it was impossbile with 2 kids! This will motivate!!
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Here are a few websites I've gotten recipes from:

100 days of real food
    Clean Eating Magazine (the magazine seems to be defunct, but the website is still active)
    Clean Eat Diet

Good luck

100 days of real food is a great FB page too if you are on there. I try to use Susan Powter's quote (she was from the 80's) "If it doesnt grow that way, dont eat it!"
  • LoreyGiblin
    Options
    hey girl!

There are a million reasons why clean eating is the best form of eating out there. I absolutely want to encourage you to make the switch.

http://cleananddelicious.com/recipes/

^This was the first (& arguable the best) website for eating clean. Dani Spies does youtube videos for step by step meal preparation, provides a wide variety of meals (including dessert!!!!), and I've made several of her recipes and i can truly say, DELISH!

There's more i want you to know. You're plan sounds perfect, too perfect. Baby steps girl, changing your life this quickly and this rapidly may actually be a set back. Make the switch to the healthy food first, listen to your body, worry about calories after. Theres a huge difference between eating an entire bag of chips vs. and entire cantalope.

Second, an hour a day is a lot. Especially if you're a beginner (which of course i dont know if you are.) Two things to keep in mind, lifting weights or using your own body weight is CRUCIAL for weight loss. Not only does muscle burn more fat (which means more calories, which means tone bod) but amplifies your cardio results. I often follow this chicks workout plans (they're tough but effective): http://instagram.com/censkiii

For cardio, try one of those couch to 5k programs. i did it and i loved it. here's a link:
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=598
    (choose 1 of the 4 programs that suits you. I did the first.)

Best of luck to you!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

I'm not trying to start a debate or an argument, I just want to express some points. First off I want to say that if you want to eat clean, that's great, if you feel it is beneficial to you, or you feel better after a meal, or you feel healthier when you eat unprocessed foods, then that's what you should go with. That being said, eating clean does not make you healthier. What makes you healthy is the amount of calories you're eating, making sure you're consuming proper mass quantities of macronutrients and micronutrients, and getting enough fiber. Either way, good luck on your 100 day challenge and I hope you have a wonderful birthday at the end of it :flowerforyou:
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    www.wellnessmama.com
    Tons of fantastic recipes for "clean eating".
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    One of my favourite websites for clean eating ! You HAVE to try the zucchini pasta alfredo :)
    http://www.damyhealth.com/category/recipes/
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! I'll definitely be checking these out!
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to wean myself off processed foods again now after eating clean and falling off the wagon. I'm determined to make the change a permanent one this time and so this post has really given me the push I needed to go for it. Good luck for your challenge, I have sent a friend request in the hope that maybe we can support and motivate each other.
  • szielinski09
    Options
    A good place to find clean recipes is on Pinterest
  • dominiqueruns
    dominiqueruns Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i've been working at eating clean for a few months now and it's a challenge for sure - especially when our schedules are so full and we're pressed for time - but it's well worth the effort. what keeps me motivated is that it isn't necessarily "all or nothing" - you can reap great benefits from making small changes and working your way up! I've sent a friend request as well.
  • crystalleez
    crystalleez Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bump to look at later. Thanks for asking. :)
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Good for you! Eating healthy food is so much better for you, you'll feel much stronger. I also try to eat clean, I do add diet come once in a while, it's my guilty pleasure.

But why do you say that cheese is not clean? It's one of the oldest food created by human kind, it's really healthy.

I love gruyere and roquefort cheese, camembert, boursin. And how can I forget feta, mozzarella or milbekase? Lol

I went with my friends for traditional cheese tasting in Geneva, and omg, there was cheese I've never thought of, like with different spices, salts, it was amazing. And those Swiss people live longest healthiest life!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

I'm not trying to start a debate or an argument, I just want to express some points. First off I want to say that if you want to eat clean, that's great, if you feel it is beneficial to you, or you feel better after a meal, or you feel healthier when you eat unprocessed foods, then that's what you should go with. That being said, eating clean does not make you healthier. What makes you healthy is the amount of calories you're eating, making sure you're consuming proper mass quantities of macronutrients and micronutrients, and getting enough fiber. Either way, good luck on your 100 day challenge and I hope you have a wonderful birthday at the end of it :flowerforyou:

^ This. Have a happy birthday.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    wow.

sounds really strict.

All I know when I place limits like this on myself it has backfired in the past.

It is important to do something you can actually adhere to.
  • Amiike
    Amiike Posts: 21
    Options
    Thats a great topic - bump for later! Thanks :smile:
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options

Hi,

What I did over a month ago was adopt a wholefoods plant-based diet. Its been really easy and incredibly healthy. And the weight is falling off. I cannot recommend it enough. Feel free to "friend me" if you are interested (or not).
    Whatever you decide, all the very best for your 100-day challenge and be sure to have a happy birthday!
    kind regards,

Ben
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    you want to really eat clean.

try whole30 now that is as clean as you can get.

Check out any paleo website like nomnompaleo.com or theclothesmakethegirl.com or paleospirit.com or even carriebrown.com for loads of CLEAN recipes.
  • breezyleaf
    breezyleaf Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    GOOD LUCK on your Journey!! Since you said you also want to read the Bible, I thought I would suggest a really good study that you may want to check out, called the 7 Experiment by Jen Hatmaker. The basic gist, is that for 7 months Jen & her family gave up one thing for a month, media, certain food, waste, etc. It may help motivate you on your journey :D

Can't wait to hear about it :D
    ~Bre :D
  • Tabitha81
    Tabitha81 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Maybe I will give that reading a try!!