Too Much Information

Options
TheRoadDog
TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
edited May 2018 in Chit-Chat
I have two people coming for dinner on Tuesday that I have never met. Basically, I have to cook for four instead of two.

Here's how I got the info. Let me preface this by saying my wife went to Germany a couple years ago with her sister.

Imagine hearing this in one breath with no breaks;

Jan: "Remember when Jody and I went to Germany? While in Frankfurt we stayed with friends of Jody and Scott. They're both friends with them, but when Jody divorced Scott she got the German friends in the settlement, cuz they met them when they were both together. We stayed in their son, Theo's room. He slept on the couch. They're coming to America. Landing in Miami and buying a cheap car to get around in. They're going to pass through.....(l kind a zoned out at this point)......and then eventually stay in Utah with Sherry. Then they were going to come here and stay with us for a few days. jody will come down and stay with us too. That all changed. Jody can't come down, so they are going to Seattle and stay with her. Then they're coming down to Portland. They can't spend the night, they want to see the sunset that evening on the coast.....(zoned out again)......... should be here Tuesday for dinner. I told them I don't get off until 5pm but that you would be home by 2pm and if they get there before you do, to go around to the back and that there is snacks, pop, beer water, etc. in the Patio Fridge."

Me: "2pm?"

Jan: "Yes."

Me: "I'll BBQ ribs, chicken, corn on the cob and make a salad."

All she had to say was: "Can you make dinner for four Tuesday?"

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    Options
    I originally told her, "I'll BBQ Bratwurst and make some Sauerkraut. Can you make a German Chocolate Cake."

Of all people, I think she understands my warped sense of humor best, but she said, "They get that at home. They might want to try some American food."
  • TheRoadDog
    Options
    so, was it a good thing to get the german friends in the settlement or a bad thing?

I don't know. I've never met them. They were hospitable to my wife and her sister, so I will be hospitable to them.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I originally told her, "I'll BBQ Bratwurst and make some Sauerkraut. Can you make a German Chocolate Cake."

Of all people, I think she understands my warped sense of humor best, but she said, "They get that at home. They might want to try some American food."

If they really want to try some American food, cook up some carnitas burritos.