What is your favorite leggings for working out?

Options
13»

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,829 Member
    Options
    PS: leggings were my reward to myself throughout weight loss and I consider myself an aficionado lol.

When you downsize from your leggings to a smaller size, consider gifting the old ones to someone on your friends list. 😘
  • Pdc654
    Pdc654 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Thanks @springerling62. Based on some other posts I've read of yours I do know you are very knowledgeable on leggings so I value your opinion. Most of my exercise up to now has been either walking or aqua aerobics and I just wore whatever for walking. Now I'm starting to do strength training 3 times a week and was thinking I might like the leggings. It seems almost everyone is wearing them these days. I definitely feel I want some compression to hold in the jiggles and loose skin. I have lost 90 lbs and need to lose about 20 more so I have a lot of jiggles right now.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    All the new ones that thread on the butt.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,829 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

May work for guys, but in the words of the Joe Jackson song,”it’s different for girls”. 🤷🏻‍♀️

You guys just need a hammock.

Us girls have to worry about camel toes, see through butts, rolling waistbands, high waisted versus hip height, thighs or calves that won’t squeeze in some brands, plus we have to consider value, since womens’ leggings prices are all over the place. And we also have to rope in the extra belly from birthing’ those babies.

Sometimes I envy men. My husband is perfectly happy with five pair of khakis and half a dozen polos in the same color. I would go barking mad without variety. (In clothes. Not husbands.)
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,517 Member
    Options
    I don't wear leggins. Never have. I usually wear something like yoga pants or other cotton/sweat fabric pants.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

May work for guys, but in the words of the Joe Jackson song,”it’s different for girls”. 🤷🏻‍♀️

You guys just need a hammock.

Us girls have to worry about camel toes, see through butts, rolling waistbands, high waisted versus hip height, thighs or calves that won’t squeeze in some brands, plus we have to consider value, since womens’ leggings prices are all over the place. And we also have to rope in the extra belly from birthing’ those babies.

Sometimes I envy men. My husband is perfectly happy with five pair of khakis and half a dozen polos in the same color. I would go barking mad without variety. (In clothes. Not husbands.)
    Seeing these all over the gym now.

https://thehalara.com/products/in-my-feels-peach-lifting-legging?variant=41546288660646&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpcshopping&utm_campaign=17874638846&utm_content=&utm_term=41546288660646&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5qaS0fba-gIVTjatBh2mQgc_EAQYASABEgL33vD_BwE

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I use the TSLA brand (Amazon) for full length leggings and shorts (I think they are 7inch...biker-ish length shorts). They have shorter ones but I run so I don't want them moving and the shorter ones tend to travel north iykyk.

They seem to hold up pretty well. They stay up when I'm running...they are highwaisted and warm (the leggings). They also have pockets on the outside of both thighs so you can stash your stuff. Pretty affordable.