Ultimate Accountability Challenge, June 2018

Options
craigo3154
craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
If you want to achieve a long-term result you need accountability partners to be with you along the journey. The Ultimate Accountability Challenge is founded on the basic truth that to change your bad habits, you must replace them with thoughtful healthy habits. Those habits work for weight loss and for maintenance of weight loss.

Those habits are:
  • Tracking your intake of every caloric bite, taste and lick
  • At least 20 minutes per day of intentional exercise or activity
  • Consuming less calories than your specific daily limit.

Join a great team of like-minded people at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/126897-ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2018

Replies

• w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I became actively involved in MFP in the fall of 2017; and pleasantly found myself back in maintenance by January 2018. June will mark my 7th month of participating in the UAC challenge. Monitoring calories, logging, and exercise are the key components of this challenge, yielding success when coupled with individual determination to stay on track. The challenge excludes no one, other team members are supportive, and even if members are unable to successfully make "winner's circle" they are still encouraged to stay with the group for the remainder of the month for accountability. Tomorrow is always another day to begin anew, so the intent is not to be discouraged but rather feel supported by other like-minded team members with the ultimate goal to live a healthy life. Welcome to all the new team members who are joining UAC for the first time in June, and to the "virtual friends" with whom I have become acquainted in the last several months. Thank you for being my partners on this incredible journey!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,030 Member
    Options
    This is an Amazing group & the One I will never leave. It drives right to the heart of how to successfully own, commit to, and consistently meet the goals YOU set. Kind, supportive teammates who also have humor and great photography skills!

Try it for one month - and you may well become addicted too! This is the group that gets me walking each day or keeps me from going over the calorie goal I set for the day. These two things are what will insure our Longterm Success which is The Holy Grail.
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    This amazing group really keeps me on the straight and narrow, you will not be struck off if you get more than 3 passes, it really is addictive and habit forming, give it a go!
  • crowesnest16
    crowesnest16 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Would love to join in :) Have 4 stone to lose and training for the GNR in September, with some 10Ks thrown in to help me focus. Signed up to a PT and going to the gym so work on health and fitness. Would love the challenge of having to sign in and be accountable :)
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    I’ve been involved for a long time. The UAC is supportive & friendly. It’s designed to encourage the good habits that help us to be happy, healthy and fit-for-life!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    What's great about this group is it takes into account that everyone's life is different. The people with young children or those of us who are care takers and whose life Isn't our own to do as we please when we want. You can check in when you can and do the exercise that works for you.
  • craigo3154
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Would love to join in :) Have 4 stone to lose and training for the GNR in September, with some 10Ks thrown in to help me focus. Signed up to a PT and going to the gym so work on health and fitness. Would love the challenge of having to sign in and be accountable :)

@crowesnest16. This is probably THE BEST way to help yourself. UAC will help you foster healthy habits to get you in shape for GNR in September (and beyond). Eating an appropriate diet, regular activity (good habits) and reducing bad habits (such as smoking) are shown to be key to permanent gains. You may be able to do 3 stone by September (32 lbs), but this alone takes a force of will most do not possess. Realistic aim is 2 stone (28lbs) and anything else is a bonus.

It took me 4 months to lose 40lbs (190 lbs -> 150 lbs), using the habits from UAC and VERY dedicated effort, which is why I say 32 lbs is possible.

(btw. as of Monday I was 141 lbs :) - The weight came off and stayed off - no bounce back).

Look forward to seeing you in UAC next month.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Although I run a different challenge, UAC is still my favourite.

By participating in UAC, I lost 25kg (50lbs) in 5 months, gone into full maintenance and kept the weight off for a further 6 months (even over Christmas and holidays). I intend to be part of UAC for a long time.
    • UAC does not have weigh ins.
    • UAC does not not mandate exercise you cannot or do not want to do.
    • UAC is not competing against others.

What UAC is:
    • UAC is a fantastic community with daily discussion.
    • UAC builds healthy maintainable habits to manage your weight and your health.

Successful, long term, weight loss / weight management REQUIRES lifestyle adaption. Not diets. That is the core of UAC.

If you are looking for the BEST challenge on MFP. *** THIS IS IT ***

If you are SERIOUS about losing weight and intend to KEEP IT OFF, **FOREVER**. Then UAC is the challenge for you.
  • JenWM5
    JenWM5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the challenge - not sure how?

I for sure need some help! =( A significant amount of weight to lose. Thanks everyone
  • hippienana
    hippienana Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I too need to lose around 50 - 60 pounds. I have trouble with my will power and need some help or suggestions.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Click on the link at the top of this post to join or in the challenges pop in Ultimate Accountability Challenge June and it should appear
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    The UAC is a family and someone's always got your back. To make sure your still alive if you haven't popped in in awhile or to encourage you when having a rough patch. Or just to say way to go great job. Lots of us babble about our lives. We will tell each other to travel safely etc. Or we make suggestion for each other. Never know what someone may ask .
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    The UAC knows no age . We have people in school to those that are retired and a whole lot in between. We are all trying to become a better version of ourselves.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    A group of people where you can say hey I stayed in my calories but all I ate was ice cream today. In fact I had to exercise even more because I wanted more Ice cream. LOL
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Exercise can be anything including yard work. ;)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    You know the group is a good fit when you get good or bad news and share it with the group.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    A lot of people in the group inspire me.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,030 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a group that will insure your success, this is it.

Really.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    The group can be addicting as you will sign in and later think hmmm.... I wonder what Bob did today? When you have a free moment you pop on and see just what he did. My husband refers the UAC to my other family. Are you checking in with your family Yep!!!
  • ghy139
    ghy139 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    This will be my second round
    June1
    Tracked-yes
    Calories-yes
    Exercise-yes 2- 1 hr water aerobics classrs & 20 min stationary bike.