I'm getting there!

Options
Hello everyone,

I am Eve, and I recently joined MFP a few weeks ago, and am finally starting to get involved in the community here. For a little bit of my background, I am seeking to lose weight and its a bit of a painful process. About 10 years ago I was diagnosed with Graves' Disease which is a thyroid autoimmune disease. Part of the treatment was basically to radiologically 'kill' my thyroid gland. I do have replacement medication but it tends to complicate the weight loss process to a degree.

Before being diagnosed with Graves, I weighed about 165 lbs and within the 2 months that followed, I gained nearly 70 pounds. A few years later I had my son and since then, between life and being in an abusive marriage, weight loss has not been a priority. About 6 months ago I decided to make a great many changes, including leaving my marriage and getting into a safer environment. My son and I are much happier, and I am focusing on myself!

I started my journey weighing in at 247 pounds and am now down to around 200. Initially I did the keto diet along with some intermittent fasting but found it was only so sustainable for me. In the last month I have changed to a more well rounded diet that focuses on portion control and activity. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week and strive to be active even on the days when I'm not there. I have a long ways to go yet, but I'm committed to changing myself for the better.

Cheers!
Eve