Scale numbers stuck AGAIN

Options
My daily calorie intake is 1,490. I’ve been doing very well sticking to it for the past month not cheating at all even exercising. I weigh myself everyday (twice a day morning and night) I’ve lost 8lbs so far but now the numbers are not moving down anymore and even went up a pound yesterday. It’s irritating me because I have a trip coming up and I’m trying to get in the 150s before I leave...what’s going on?!?!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you've lost weight?
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates. That's part of life. You've lost eight pounds in a month.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    vl3kazk36ra8.jpg
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    My daily calorie intake is 1,490. I’ve been doing very well sticking to it for the past month not cheating at all even exercising. I weigh myself everyday (twice a day morning and night) I’ve lost 8lbs so far but now the numbers are not moving down anymore and even went up a pound yesterday. It’s irritating me because I have a trip coming up and I’m trying to get in the 150s before I leave...what’s going on?!?!

Stuck AGAIN? What did you do differently in the past to 'unstuck' the scale???

How long has it been?? How are you calculating your intake as in using a food scale? Eat back your exercise calories?

The flow chart above covers the things you need review.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    And don’t weigh yourself twice a day - you can’t get an accurate trend line that way.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify I was a yo-yo dieter for a while. And I got so tired of it I was like I’m sticking to it this time! So maybe because of that my body is confused

Your body is not confused. Maybe your expectations are too high and not understanding the process, for example weight loss is not linear, daily fluctuations, etc.

If you are 100% as accurate as you can with intake and sticking to the deficit you are losing weight. Water weight is part of our weight. We fluctuate daily and smaller losses take longer to show on the scale, being stressed is one contributor that can impact our weight loss and balance. Weighing multiple times a day will not help speed up the process or make it work better. Weigh once a day, same time same conditions, maybe download a weight trending app that can help you weed out fluctuations.

Keep going with what you are doing or make necessary changes in logging, etc. and trend another 4+ weeks (full monthly cycle).
  • candacebattle2012
    candacebattle2012 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks for the tips guys! I realize weight loss doesn’t happen overnight but takes time..I weigh 162 right now and my goal weight is 150 lbs so I’m literally right around the corner of where I wanna be so it’s very frustrating. And yes I admit I’m a lil obsessed with weighing myself
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    amyepdx wrote: »
    And don’t weigh yourself twice a day - you can’t get an accurate trend line that way.

That's one thing I like about using trendweight.com - it will only accept/log the first weigh-in of the day, no matter how many times you weigh that day.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    amyepdx wrote: »

That's one thing I like about using trendweight.com - it will only accept/log the first weigh-in of the day, no matter how many times you weigh that day.

Good to know (since I’ve never weighed myself more than once a day) Thanks!