Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What bugs you about dining out?

Options
vegmebuff
vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
What bugs me is when the wait staff are super chatty to you...asks you 'what your plans are for the rest of day...' etc.,

What bugs you?

Replies

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    The lemons in water. 99% of the time, they aren't washed.
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »

I know...I use to work as a server...and they are/were never washed!
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    VUA21 wrote: »

I know...I use to work as a server...and they are/were never washed!

Plus multiple hands touch those lemons after they are cut
  • hud54014
    Options
    I don't like gratuity added to the bill. I can figure out percentages and I know how to tip well.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    When I go to a restaurant that lists the calories on the menu, and everything that looks good has at least 850 calories.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    lines and young children after 9pm
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    What bugs me is when the wait staff are super chatty to you...asks you 'what your plans are for the rest of day...' etc.,

What bugs you?

Worse, when they decide to sit down next to you and chat. I've even had one skoosh me down to make room for her!
    It's especially annoying when I am by myself with a book, because they usually comment on how I look like I need company. Obviously not, I have an entire books worrh of comoany right now!
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,844 Member
    Options
    Pasta or Hamburger and fries...?

Tacos?
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Pasta or Hamburger and fries...?

Tacos?

Why do those things bug you?
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    People
  • hud54014
    Options
    Sitting with an empty wine glass and waiting a long time to be offered another.
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    Being asked 'how is everything' before anyone really has had enough time to even their first bite...
  • hud54014
    Options
    Getting a table in the middle of the dining room floor. I'm a perimeter hugger.
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    Parents that let their kids go rogue...
  • Gngr09
    Gngr09 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I know this is petty but I can't stand having tons of stuff on the table - where you have to look over it or around it to talk to the person you are dining with. It immediately goes into a chair or on the floor when I sit down. does that count?
  • LEdmonds2016
    LEdmonds2016 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Gngr09 wrote: »
    I know this is petty but I can't stand having tons of stuff on the table - where you have to look over it or around it to talk to the person you are dining with. It immediately goes into a chair or on the floor when I sit down. does that count?

I do the same thing!
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    They don't wash the tables. Just wipe them down with a wet rag that has wipe every other table in the whole restaurant
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    How wines are so much more expensive
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    When the server gets visibly irritated when you order water and/or any non-alcoholic drink.
    I know some of them are thinking "dang less of a tip" but honestly they just hurt their tip even more with that bit of attitude. Ugh.