Dairy Free Help??

Options
2»

Replies

• helenneal28774
    helenneal28774 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My sister has similar problems, and so does her 15 year old son. They both find going lactose-free solves it. You could try it to see if the problem is lactose or dairy.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I am VERY intolerant to dairy, not quite an allergy, but I'll be sick for the rest of the day with even 1oz of cheese.

Unsweetened almond milk, use just like regular milk...yes that includes baking and cooking. Avocado, I use avocado instead of cheese for sandwiches, tacos, and a lot of other foods.
    Eliminate cheese: just don't buy it.
    Vegan cream cheese, Sprouts has one that tastes great, use that when recipes call for cream cheese, blend it 50/50 with almond milk as a Greek yogurt substitute.
  • raviiin
    raviiin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I suffered from horrible severe acne for my entire teenage years. Nothing I did ever helped. I went on birth control in my early 20s and that cleared up my acne about 60%. then I switched from vegetarian to vegan and cutting out dairy has made my skin almost 100% acne free, and for me that is such a huge deal.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    My life and health has improved drastically since i cut dairy. You'd be surprised how many conditions are caused by dairy.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    You can use soy or nut based substitutes.

My dermatologist suggested this years ago. I tried it for a few months and it didnt help my acne at all. I had bloodwork done before and after and found my calcium was low after cutting dairy. I was drinking calcium fortified products and taking a supplement with vitamin D but my body wasn't absorbing it the same as from dairy. I honestly see no reason to cut out dairy unless someone is very lactose intolerant. Anyway, this is just my experience and I know everyone is different.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions, needed this!