Reducing sugar still have fat

Options
Discouraged. Reducing sugar but still have lots of bells fat.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating per day? How many were you allocated for weight loss when you set your profile?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    no one mentions the fact that 'time" is the most important element of weight loss. It seems fat comes off parts of your body you don't see or care about as much...and somehow sticks around on the belly almost till the end.

i sort of laugh...because i have five or six pounds until i get to my goal weight.and when i look at my body and feel the fat that is left; i imagine it in one pound of butter increments. i have one pound on my stomach...one each on my love handles...another on my upper back...and bits of fat on my inner thighs...and upper arms..

so yeah... about 5 pounds of fat to go.. all i can do ...and you too...is stick with your healthy eating plan until it is all gone.:)

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    time: How long have you been at it.

Additionally, reducing sugar has no direct connection to fat loss in the absence of a caloric deficit.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    1) this all takes time
    2) you can't really spot reduce
    3) if you aren't eating at a calorie deficit you're not going to lose weight
  • SuccessHere
    SuccessHere Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    How do I fight the cravings to eat back the calories I burned after a workout? I think this has been my big downfall.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    How do I fight the cravings to eat back the calories I burned after a workout? I think this has been my big downfall.

You’re supposed to eat back calories burned from workouts if you are following MFP method of setting goals.

Read the stickied most helpful forum posts at the top of the getting started section. All the answers you’re looking for are there.

Oh and once again, you can’t spot reduce belly fat and you need to be more patient.
  • keeler521
    keeler521 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Timing! Complete your workout just before a meal. your body will be prime to receive whatever you feed it, preferably protein for recovery ;) but of course make it balanced.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

You dont. You should be eating them back.
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You should eat them back, but you also need a realistic estimate. Exercise machines are notoriously unreliable. So are MFP estimates. I think most people start with half to 3/4 of what it says they burned and adjust from there.