MFP or Fitbit to log meals....which is best?

Options
Hi all. I recently purchased the fitbit charge 2 and the fitbit app seems really cool. So, I was just wondering which is better to log my meals....the fitbit app or MFP to achieve the best results?

Thanks!

Replies

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I have them synched. I enter food here on mfp and it goes over to fitbit. My steps from fitbit come over here. There is a fitbit user group on mfp that may be helpful
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Either or...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Most people here who are logging meals are probably using MFP to log, so your responses will likely be slanted in one direction.

I've never used Fitbit to log, but my understanding is that their food database is more limited than MFP's. I also think it lacks features like "Recipe Builder," which for me would be a dealbreaker when it comes to food logging.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I have used both and prefer MFP. Fitbit had a weird system for calculating your daily allowance I didn't understand. It would tell me I was over (in the red zone) for daily calories but then tell me I had "X" calories left for they day at the same time and I was never really sure why. I also prefer MFP because I tend to log all my food in the morning and fitbit adds calories to your daily allowance as you get steps in so when I log all my meals at 9:00am it would tell me I was over which bugged me. I do recommend syncing your fitbit to MFP, that is a super helpful feature, when the 2 apps decide to work together at least.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I log food in MyFitnessPal and non-step exercise on Fitbit. Works nicely for me.
  • GuineaKitty
    GuineaKitty Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I prefer MFP and sync it to Fibit. MFP has more choices.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I like mfp
  • TrinityR05
    TrinityR05 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies.