Planning to lose 10 pounds in 5 weeks

vmgrigas
vmgrigas Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2018 in Chit-Chat
I realize this is aiming really high. I am getting married in June of next year. I have an engagement photo shoot in 5 weeks I would love to be 10 pounds slimmer, however if I have the enviable slip ups and really only lose about 5-8 pounds in 5 weeks I will be just as happy knowing I have a year to work with. Here goes nothing I'm starting at 137.0 today May 23rd.

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    vmgrigas wrote: »
    I realize this is aiming really high. I am getting married in June of next year. I have an engagement photo shoot in 5 weeks I would love to be 10 pounds slimmer, however if I have the enviable slip ups and really only lose about 5-8 pounds in 5 weeks I will be just as happy knowing I have a year to work with. Here goes nothing I'm starting at 137.0 today May 23rd.

good luck
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    How tall are You?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    If there was only a way to track everything that you eat and also track how much you exercise.

Until something like that is invented......
  • vmgrigas
    Travistock toad I am 5’ 1”
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Unless you're 200lbs and up, 2lbs a week is pretty agressive. Good luck.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • vmgrigas
    edited June 2018
    Not even close not sure what happened I’ve been eating really well and walking a lot but I’m weighing in at 135
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited June 2018
    vmgrigas wrote: »
    Not even close not sure what happened I’ve been eating really well and walking a lot but I’m wrong in at 135

'Really well' doesn't really mean much, are you weighing your food and eating in a deficit?
  • vmgrigas
    Yes I invested in a food scale about a year ago when I joined weight watchers. I would have lost more than 15 pounds in that year until I found how they keep people there in a weight loss yo-yo trap. They change their plans yearly and I have lost and gained and then lost again the same 15 pounds. So I quit and started only using my fitness pal and Fitbit