I'm back! And with a surprise...

Options
These past two weeks have been really rough. Two weeks ago I stopped logging and broke my streak, but I was still going to the gym and trying to eat right. The Tuesday night before this week's, I broke my dominant hand in two places and had to get surgery that Friday. It didn't occur to me how much I affected when I did this and it has put quite a damper on my life. No upper body workouts, writing, photography, sports, gardening, boxing... most things I love to do that I no longer can. I'm going to try to get back on track and push through these next few months that I will be in a splint or cast. I really need the support, so wish me luck!

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    These past two weeks have been really rough. Two weeks ago I stopped logging and broke my streak, but I was still going to the gym and trying to eat right. The Tuesday night before this week's, I broke my dominant hand in two places and had to get surgery that Friday. It didn't occur to me how much I affected when I did this and it has put quite a damper on my life. No upper body workouts, writing, photography, sports, gardening, boxing... most things I love to do that I no longer can. I'm going to try to get back on track and push through these next few months that I will be in a splint or cast. I really need the support, so wish me luck!

wow good luck. im so sorry :'(

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    That's horrible, so sorry. Just remember to log...that you won't gain if you watch your food intake.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I hope recovery post surgery goes well! 3.5 years ago I was in your shoes when I broke my ankle in 2 places, had surgery and left with 9 screws and a plate. It was a long recovery, but I got through it and you will too! Stay positive, listen to your body and doctor and soon this all will be a distant memory. :smile:
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    How did you break your hand? Fighting off ninjas?

Hope all goes well.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Bummer, Good luck, you'll get better.. just takes time.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    I hope recovery post surgery goes well! 3.5 years ago I was in your shoes when I broke my ankle in 2 places, had surgery and left with 9 screws and a plate. It was a long recovery, but I got through it and you will too! Stay positive, listen to your body and doctor and soon this all will be a distant memory. :smile:

Me too.. left ankle still held together with pins, plates and screws