How is Weight Watchers successful for so many?

Options
2»

Replies

• arilukaszewicz1
    arilukaszewicz1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Literally I tried the free trail all excited and when I logged a Greek yogurt that is 200 calories it said it was 12 points
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    WW definitely punishes you point wise for anything with fat and sugar.

I don’t think WW is terrible when it comes to teaching one portion control and it tries to guide one to making healthier choices while still allowing you to fit anything you want in, just like MFP.

Maintenance on any plan is challenging, not just for WW members. Most people who diet tend to regain because they think they are done once they reach their goal. I know for myself I will always have to track to keep my weight in check because my tendency is to eat too much. Tracking makes me more mindful of what and how much I’m eating.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    As far as the new guidelines are concerned, it will be interesting to see what people have to say about them a year from now. Just reading the list of "free" foods, it seems like it might be useful to people who have gotten fat eating the so-called Standard American Diet of fast food and junk food, but would not be at all useful to people like me who became fat through overeating primarily healthy foods. When I was morbidly obese, I ate huge amounts of fresh fruits, fresh vegetables dressed with olive oil, grilled salmon, and so on. I could definitely work the current system to give myself several thousand happy calories of points free food.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    WW helped me figure out portion control. I lost almost 50 pounds 10 years, and I've kept most of it off.

Hah - this is pretty much exactly my story - including amounts + time kept off. =)