Calorie intake and macros relationship

Options
My goal is to lose weight and I try to keep my macros 40 carbs 30 fat and protein, but some days I end up eating less protein and more carbs or more protein then fat, etc.....

Does this really make a difference in weight loss if I am eating the correct amount of calories?

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Calories are for weight loss. How you eat your macros is personal preference.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose weight and I try to keep my macros 40 carbs 30 fat and protein, but some days I end up eating less protein and more carbs or more protein then fat, etc.....

Does this really make a difference in weight loss if I am eating the correct amount of calories?

Nope.

Energy deficit matters. If you don't have that, none of the (extremely minor) differences between macro allotments will have any helpful effect. Get enough protein to maintain muscle mass and mix the fat carbs to whatever keeps you satiated. If you keep a deficit - you will lose fat (over time).
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Calories for weightloss. Macros for adherance to calories.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The only macro that really matters that you get enough of (for health) is protein.

• NotEnoughEffort
    NotEnoughEffort Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Copied from another poster... validation for my choice as a diabetic to go lower carb....The Lancet... The medical Bible: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(17)32252-3/fulltext.

It’s about finding what works for you! In the end there has to be a deficit of TOTAL calories....
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Weekly totals of either matter more than small daily variations.