Hello, my story thus far.

Options
smurp03
smurp03 Posts: 2 Member
According to myfitnesspal.com I have lost 1 lb. Which actually is not accurate. I have lost about 17 lbs, but I lost that before I join myfitnesspal. I love it. It is sad too though. My favorite pair of jeans are now big on me. But it is nice to get compliments and encouragement from others. It just sucks that some people are enablers to my old eating habits. For instance, I was invited to dinner where the other person was paying and we went to a buffet. Needless to say I had 1800 calories just for dinner. That doesn't include the stuff I ate that morning and afternoon. And before that the same person ordered pizza. It is just frustrating. But overall it is going well. I have adapted. When I go to the fridge I ask myself, " Am I really hungry, or am I just bored." If I am just bored, I walk away and find something to distract me.

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You can change your starting weight if you'd like. Go to My Home / Check In / Edit Previous Entries / Starting Weight.

I did this because I started my lifestyle change in January but didn't discover MFP 'til March and had already lost 12 or so lbs by then.
  • BeeZoe
    BeeZoe Posts: 37
    Options
    Great job so far! You'll love this site, very helpful. As far as the dinner and enablers...only you can make the choice about what goes in your mouth, next time, accept the offer happily and then choose what you want to eat, they can eat their own junk. Good luck!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations on what you have accomplished so far. :flowerforyou:

Yes, there are so many that want that old behavior to stay with you... my brother showed up the other day with creme sticks and tried everything to get me to eat one. I refused :noway: and had to tell him that I already ate something that day that I wasn't suppose to before he would back off. Why do they do that? I don't have a clue other than I know it is 'their issue' not mine.:bigsmile: So good for you for sticking to your personal goals... :bigsmile: Good luck on your journey to a healthier you. :flowerforyou:
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I feel my husband is always trying to sabotage my plan to get healthy and lose weight!!! He brings me home See's Candies which are my favorite and says, "I knew you were having a bad day, so I thought I would cheer you up". Well I'm not going to be so cheery on the scale for my weigh-in after I eat this whole box of candy!!! I think he just wants me to be overweight!!! I say whatever, he will just have to deal with me being thin cuz I'm on my way!!!