Considering Herbalife (What to you think?)

Options
2»

Replies

• Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    GR8Prof wrote: »
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    No, your friend is suggesting you eat breakfast... which if you want a shake for breakfast, there are many great brands out there that you can buy at Vitamin Shoppe or GNC that will be less expensive and same/better quality.

Do you have a recommendation for a product that you like better?

I like having a Clif Builder Bar and a piece of fruit. Or, a couple hard boiled eggs and a Quest bar. If I want something drinkable, Quest, Dymatize, PEScience, Isopure, Pure Protein - all good brands.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Go to GNC or the like and buy yourself a protein powder or bars if want to have something quick and macro friendly in the morning or any time of the day
    No need to get involved in multi level marketing scams . Junk products and waste of money.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Pppphhhhhtttt °°''''** :s
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    your friend is probably selling herbalife. Avoid at all costs.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    GR8Prof wrote: »
    No, your friend is suggesting you eat breakfast... which if you want a shake for breakfast, there are many great brands out there that you can buy at Vitamin Shoppe or GNC that will be less expensive and same/better quality.

Do you have a recommendation for a product that you like better?

I like having a Clif Builder Bar and a piece of fruit. Or, a couple hard boiled eggs and a Quest bar. If I want something drinkable, Quest, Dymatize, PEScience, Isopure, Pure Protein - all good brands.

Second on the builders bars! They keep me going. I work on my feet from 7am to 4pm and workout and when I have no time for lunch either they tide me over till i'm done.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    The only thing you are going to lose is YOUR money :neutral:
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Just eat and drink real stuff. Better for you.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I doubt OP will respond....she may have been feeling out this crowd to possibly deal the junk.
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Watch the Netflix show, ‘Betting on zero’. You will never think about touching Herbalife again
  • avadahm
    avadahm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I’m not a breakfast eater either. I scoop some protein into my coffee and make sure my vitamins are always on point. Try some on Amazon or the grocery store in smaller amounts so you don’t spend a lot on shakes before you find what you like.

You could also blend homemade smoothies if you have the time.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Most companies that sell protien shakes, have single serve packets. Instead of investing in an entire tub that you may or may not like, grad a variety of the single serve packs. Try them out and find out which ones you prefer. I would recommend not only flavor & brand varieties, but types as well. Some people get really bloated and gassy with Whey, others don't. Find out what's best for you.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    When I was doing shakes for breakfast,

1 TBSP Folgers
    2 scoops Vanilla/Chocolate Pure Protein($10 per lb on amazon)

Blam fast, easy, good. The coffee gives a little caffeine/pep and smooths out the sweet/thin flavor of most protein. Pure protein doesn't clump as badly as some others. The choc/Vanilla makes it sort of like a frapp(you can include ice if you want... I usually did. Mix in a blender bottle and sip on your way to work.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    When I was doing shakes for breakfast,

1 TBSP Folgers
    2 scoops Vanilla/Chocolate Pure Protein($10 per lb on amazon)

Blam fast, easy, good. The coffee gives a little caffeine/pep and smooths out the sweet/thin flavor of most protein. Pure protein doesn't clump as badly as some others. The choc/Vanilla makes it sort of like a frapp(you can include ice if you want... I usually did. Mix in a blender bottle and sip on your way to work.

OP--I'd try this.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My cousin was hard on the Herbalife train about 2 years ago. She even had her small children (who were not overweight) drinking the stuff. She lost almost 100 lbs the first year. She has since gained more than half of it back. It's not practical for long term.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    you don't neeeeeeed to eat breakfast.
    it is good for energy management, i've found.
    i like coffee and cinnamon crackers, or hot chocolate on days where i don't eat breakfast
  • renaecotton123
    renaecotton123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Watch “Betting on Zero” on Netflix. Exposes the Herbalife company for the scam it is. If you want a protein powder for breakfast, there are far better ones out there that cost less.