Low fat or full fat

Options

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    About the only low-fat thing that I eat is yogurt - taste is about the same, so meh. Other low fat things like cheese and cottage cheese are just sad.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Full fat everything except Greek yogurt. I use it a a major source of protein and I like to eat as much as I can for the least amount of calories.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Some things I do low fat, some things full fat. Depends on taste and what fits in my goals for the week.

This. I drink skim milk. I like the taste and texture better. I use light Miracle Whip, and sometimes light spreadable butter (can't taste the difference). Low fat cheese is HORRIBLE so I never use that.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Usually a mix. When I'm cutting on a low cal day, dairy is mostly low fat.. or if it is full fat it is very minimal. When I'm bulking or on a high cal day it's mostly full fat. But it depends I don't mind low fat Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, skim mozzarella or cream cheese.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Full fat for my KETO lifestyle... :)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Full fat butter and cottage cheese, but low fat yoghurt doesn't bother me as I usually am putting berries in it. Lite mayo tastes fine too. Miracle Whip can just get out and never come back.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I use Kraft Lite Mayo. I love the taste of it and its texture is great I've been using it for years and years I don't want a full flavored mayonnaise anymore because they don't taste good to me
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Some things I do low fat, some things full fat. Depends on taste and what fits in my goals for the week.

This. I drink skim milk. I like the taste and texture better. I use light Miracle Whip, and sometimes light spreadable butter (can't taste the difference). Low fat cheese is HORRIBLE so I never use that.

Always "real" cheese here, too. I use almond milk and light mayo, but ALWAYS real cheese.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    whole milk, real butter, mayo, cottage cheese, sour cream, cheese (lots and lots of cheese - yum :) ), but low/no fat greek yogurt.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Full fat butter and cottage cheese, but low fat yoghurt doesn't bother me as I usually am putting berries in it. Lite mayo tastes fine too.Miracle Whip can just get out and never come back.

Amen to that! When I was a kid, my family (parents) referred the Miracle Whip as "mayo" and I could never understand why people raved about mayo. Until I was out on my own and did my grocery shopping. I discovered Hellman's Real Mayonnaise and never looked back.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Full fat butter and cottage cheese, but low fat yoghurt doesn't bother me as I usually am putting berries in it. Lite mayo tastes fine too.Miracle Whip can just get out and never come back.

Amen to that! When I was a kid, my family (parents) referred the Miracle Whip as "mayo" and I could never understand why people raved about mayo. Until I was out on my own and did my grocery shopping. I discovered Hellman's Real Mayonnaise and never looked back.

I find regular mayo has no taste. B)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Low fat but I'm on a low fat diet for medical reasons
  • viajera99
    viajera99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    LOLOLOL, are you me?

I actually prefer the Best Foods (Hellmans) Low Fat Mayo to the regular stuff. Unlike most "low fat" foods, they don't add corn syrup or sugar to make up for it.

Trader Joe's non-fat plain Greek yogurt and their non-fat cottage cheese are actually quite palatable and a big source of protein for me. (I've had some non-fat CC that tasted like plastic! :( )

But butter, oil, ice cream, cheese? Only the real thing will do. Just smaller portions.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    it all depends which product. Butter: normal. Yogurt: light. Mayo: light (half cals) salad dressing: light (half cals), cream cheese: neufchatel instead, tastes same but 1/3 less cals. Cheese: regular version. Milk: 2%. Some products are disgusting if you cut the fat at all; others you can remove up to 50% without them getting nasty. However I find that removing more than 50% of the fat from most products renders them inedible.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Depends on the product and if I find it calorie worthy. I'm not too picky on taste so I would rather have the extra calories or the option to use more. I hit my fat macro fine so that's not a concern. Cheese is usually full fat, yogurt I can go either way but prefer full fat, I like Land O'Lakes light butter with canola oil and love Dukes light mayo.

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    yes to the duke's light mayo! I get that too, the olive oil version.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Usually low fat since I have familial hypercholesterolemia and do indeed need to worry about saturated fat and overall fat intake. I do need some fat intake, though, and often replace the missing fat with a healthier one, like a drizzle of olive oil, some avocado, or some nuts. My one indulgence is full fat half and half.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    yes to the duke's light mayo! I get that too, the olive oil version.

I love it! It tastes just like the mayo I used to make with my grandmother when I stayed on her farm during the summer.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've tried the low fat milk, yogurts, dressings and mayo's, but i always end up going back to the full fat versions. Low fat foods just don't taste right or as nice as the full fat (regular) versions.