Hello All...

Options
cosmicartifact
cosmicartifact Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hello there... I am new to calorie counting and for the first time in my life I am trying to shed some weight. It is quite odd considering I couldn't gain weight for the life of me most of my entire life, no matter what I did I could not pass 185lbs and being a 6ft guy that made me look quite slender to the point where even my family members wondered if I was eating enough. A little over a year ago I was diagnosed with hyper thyroidism and I had a thyroid storm which landed me in the hospital for about two weeks... Since then they have ablated my thyroid using the RAI method which in turn took about 8 months for my thyroid to flatline. Being I now have no thyroid function I have plumped up to a whopping 240lbs over the course of just over a year. Believe it or not I find it quite amusing in a sense but all my gained weight is all belly (looks kinda odd to me now looking in the mirror) I am trying to get down to 200lbs but in all actuality 210lbs just because my belly is sticking out... I am screwed when it comes to the exercise thing because having hyperthyroid made my heartbeat irregular so I also have AFIB and a low ejection fraction at the moment. My cardiologist is prepping me for cardioversion via elecrtic shock method as trying to correct the AFIB caused by hyper thyroidism with the pill/chemical method hasn't been successful. For the first time in my life I am facing quite a challenge here, and to think I used to buy weight gainers like creatine to try to gain weight lol whatta life :D

Oh well I just wanted to say hello to everyone and see if this calorie counting thing works... I am in a bit of a bind because I can't workout during all this, part of it is easily overheating which is mnemonic from when I had a functioning off the grid 200% + thyroid and the other half is my ejection fraction is low because of the AFIB on my LV.

A few days of (actually about 10 days) of eating lighter I surely feel better and less bloated now... I hope this works ok for now without being able to do much cardio at the moment.

Anyone else out there have a similar case as mine? (Going from hyper to hypo thyroid)

Replies

• PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,850 Member
    Options
    I don't have a similar situation, but I wish you the best of luck!