Too hot to eat

Any advice on how to be able to eat when it’s too hot outside? I lose my appetite everytime it is hot in the summer and maintaining my weight gets so hard. Do you have this issue?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    edited May 2018
    Calorie dense salads are handy too, I am not huge salad fan myself but you can top up the calories in them easily enough with oily dressing, nut/seed sprinkles, cheeses, etc.

Freezing smoothies in a ice lolly moulds might also be a good option.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    mirajulin wrote: »
    Any advice on how to be able to eat when it’s too hot outside? I lose my appetite everytime it is hot in the summer and maintaining my weight gets so hard. Do you have this issue?

While I don't have your exact issue, I can't stand hot foods when it's hot or cold foods when it's cold.

I have more smoothies and entree salads in the summer.

If all else fails, go for a banana, peanut butter, ice cream smoothie!

Here's my normal lunch this time of year until it gets too cold for it:

0p9aiigmjtsl.jpg
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    I agree with the others. During the summer all I want to eat is salads and ice cream. So eat the most calorie laden ice cream you can find. Make high calorie salads with full fat dressing, nuts, cheese, etc.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Cool/cold foods. Salads, cold soups, a small fruit salad, sandwiches.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I'm the same way. The heat makes it uncomfortable to eat. I eat a lot more sushi during the summer. Try looking for lighter flavors like lemon/garlic , cilantro/lime, fresh tomato/basil, ginger/coconut. It might help the food feel more refreshing and less heavy.

Or, makes meals out of "snack" foods - baby carrots and hummus, 1/2 avocado sandwich, trail mix, turkey slices, chilled chicken, hardboiled eggs, fruit, crackers, yogurt, broccoli and ranch, celery and peanut butter, cheese cubes.