When did your thighs stop chafing?

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,419 Member
    Options
    +1 to Body Glide. That stuff is great!

As far as thigh chafing specifically, I can confirm that I had it at 5'5" 183, and I don't have it at 5'5" 130s, but I can't tell you exactly when it stopped. A full-bore thigh gap is not a pre-requisite; the causes are more subtle than that.

• Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Good points about relative body types and skin sensitivity. Come to think of it, the only time I had the thigh gap I was 108 lbs and muscular. But my boobs were really sad looking. I felt too thin. My weight goal at this time is 146 lbs. So if the chafing persists, I will make friends with body glide
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    5'4.5, 125-128lbs and my thighs still rub together when I walk. It doesn't however hurt at least. Just continues to destroy my pants.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I have these fun little globs of extra fat in that particular area, so I'm not sure I'll ever know what it's like to not chafe. I have some very thin leggings that I cut into shorts to wear under all of my skirts/dresses.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I chafe in weird spots during longer runs. The middle of my back where my sports bra rubs and a spot on the underside of my right arm where it rubs against my upper body.

I use Vaseline and it works great and is cheap.
  • Mithridites
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    I chafe in weird spots during longer runs. The middle of my back where my sports bra rubs and a spot on the underside of my right arm where it rubs against my upper body.

I use Vaseline and it works great and is cheap.

Doesn’t vaseline stain your workout clothes?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    A thigh gap is genetic based on the structure of the hips. Some overweight people have gaps and some thin people never do.
  • Mithridites
    Options
    Full thighs run in my family, so that may be something I just have to accept :/