WHAT COLOR DO YOU EAT?

Options
13»

Replies

• vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I choose my vegetables by colour... seriously, I like to see a good balance of colour on my plate! I like it when the colours compliment each other, I don't like having too much one-colour overlap.

Pretty=delicious.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is helping or further confusing the simple issue, but my daughter's pediatrician told us that kids will eat one food for days on end and only that one, i.e., this month it's garden peas for our little Pepper Ann. Last month it was avocados, and before that it was blueberries. In the end, they get what they need and move on. According to the doc, that's normal eating and adults would do the same thing if we weren't educated to eat a variety. Thought that was interesting.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I choose my vegetables by colour... seriously, I like to see a good balance of colour on my plate! I like it when the colours compliment each other, I don't like having too much one-colour overlap.

Pretty=delicious.

Yup; it bothers me when my plate is all one color, i.e., white potatoes or rice, chicken, and corn. I was taught that my plate should contain a variety of color.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I eat all the colors.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Interesting! I've always heard you should eat a variety of colors but never knew why.

I don't shop intentionally for different colors, but in thinking about it it just tend to happen since I'm eating better now.