Music, Pandora recomendations?

Options
I just realized my brilliant husband wired the tv so I can stream pandora and play youtube exercise videos at the same time. I've been doing fitnessblender, which doesn't have music.

So hit me with music that keeps you motivated! Please note if not child friendly, I have 7 year old twins that exercise with me sometimes. :-)

Replies

• rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I bring up my itunes on the computer while watching fitness blender: :)

Here are some of my cardio favorites:

Technotronic - Pump up the Jam (i'm a 90's kid ;)

Duck Sauce - It's You

Dj Roc - Teach me how to Shuffle

Fatboy Slim - Gangster Trippin
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Sounds promising, I'll check them out!

Thank you :)
  • SarahRose35
    SarahRose35 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm an a capella kind of gal so I love the 'Pitch Slapped' and 'Straight No Chasers' radio stations.
    I am known to listen to the Disney station quite often too, haha (:
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    We love pitched slapped around here. lol
  • EGSanz225
    Options
    You should experiment and see what works for you. Death metal gets my adrenaline going. :)
  • JefferyArnold
    JefferyArnold Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I find when doing any type of workout that the music can be a big factor on how into it and how intense I go.

I have found that listening to Trance, House, Electronica, or Dance music in general has a great fast paced beat that I personally love working out to. Lyrics, ummm, I rarely even pay attention to them, it's all about the beat for me.

As someone else mentioned, Death Metal also has great beats to work to, but the lyrical content can be questionable with some bands.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    One of my friends suggested "Dance Cardio Workout, Running radio mix radio, and hiphop power workout radio" all on Pandora. I'll do some more looking around.

Due to how everything is set up, I can't easily change my music after I get started, so I need to have some good stuff in my pocket to pull out.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I really like "Traditional Country Hymns" for cleaning the house
  • KarlyK929
    KarlyK929 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I typically listen to the 80's Cardio station. The music seems to have a good beat and it makes me want to dance, so it's entertaining.
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Wiley or Dizzee Rascal!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    These Pandora stations usually get me pumped up: Maroon 5, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, or the Work Out stations that Pandora offers under genres.
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    One of my friends suggested "Dance Cardio Workout, Running radio mix radio, and hiphop power workout radio" all on Pandora. I'll do some more looking around.

I second the Dance Cardio that is what I have play when I go for my noon walks/runs. Off to look up the other two you listed now.

*Edited for spelling errors.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    It really is up to you what type of music gets you moving.

Personally, I like to introspective, thoughtful music. It gets me focused and determined in whatever I'm doing, including working out. This could be a classical Pandora station, a piano-styled station, or one called 'study music' I used from the Pandora suggestion list.

I also really love the Bjork station on Pandora. And Asian Kung-Fu Generation station plays a ton of anime theme songs that are fast beats and fun (for me!)

Create a station you enjoy and it will work for you. :)