Love handles

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any good exercises for getting rid of belly fat and love handles. I workout between 4 and 5 days a week and have been working on eating healthier as well. I do a variety of exercises ranging from cardio and weight lifting, to biking and boxing.

Replies

• Alaurene
    Alaurene Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks AnvilHead
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    quietone44 wrote: »
    Google top 10 belly fat burning foods. They're not miracle foods but any help is good help when trying to lose belly fat...some foods aid specifically in burning "belly fat" ...worth a try right!?
    No they do not. There is no food or supplement which can specifically target "belly fat". Anybody who tells you so is lying to you and/or trying to sell you some scam. It's not even physiologically possible for a particular food to "target fat", let alone in any particular area of your body. It's not even "worth a try" because it's total woo.

If you Google "top 10 belly fat burning foods", you should immediately and forever ignore every site that pops up in the search results, unless it's a site telling you that it's total BS.

Yep, this is true. The only way to spot-reduce fat is to have a doctor go in and suck it out.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Unfortunately, there are no belly-fat burning foods, and no reasonably logical explanation for how that would even work. And yeah, you can't spot reduce.

If you still have weight to lose, you just have to keep going until it comes off of where you want it to. My mid-section seems to be my body's preferred storage place - first on, last off. My arms and legs got lean and my belly remains.

This post may help too:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • cleesus
    cleesus Posts: 87 Member
    quietone44 wrote: »
    Google top 10 belly fat burning foods. They're not miracle foods but any help is good help when trying to lose belly fat...some foods aid specifically in burning "belly fat" ...worth a try right!?

I hope this was a joke lol
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Eat right, eat less than your burning and it comes off where you body decides to reduce it first. Targeted toning is not a magic pill but you can use core exercises to help train and firm areas in addition to regular strength training and cardio based - total body workouts.

I always love planks, side planks, side plank hip ups, planks with reach unders, bird dogs, plank jacks, plank iso holds, groiners, regular crunches, plank step ins, pilates rolls, jack knifes.

Dont worry if you are not seeing results yet, depending on your body losing where it wants to, it takes time. Just twinge your diet a little bit, do different workouts to keep things interesting, and stick with it. :)

Cheers OP.
  • Alaurene
    Alaurene Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you for the suggestions! I'm working on tweaking my diet still, but think I have a ton of exercises I've been doing that will help too