Day #1 (Looking for a motivation partner, daily messages about how our diets going.)

Options
KTaurusW0516
KTaurusW0516 Posts: 126 Member
I just moved out from my parents home three months ago. My boyfriend keeps dropping hints about proposing to me. We plan in the future to have kids. Plus, when we have extra money we try to travel.

I have three motivations. One, to look nice when he proposes. (Thinner, you can say.)

I love to travel, however I hate having to say, "No." Weight limits to do things that I want to do. Plus, it would be nice to not HAVE to push myself to do things. I can walk eight plus miles but, I have to really, really push myself.

Third but, definitely not least. When I get pregnant, I want to see my belly grow! Like, actually see a tiny bump when I'm only 4 weeks along or 6 weeks. Not have a huge tummy and that's it. Plus, I tell myself I'll eat healthy if I get pregnant but, does a person who does drugs or smoke, quit because, they are pregnant. Sadly, most of the time no. I'm pretty sure, if I got pregnant, I would still eat unhealthy. It's an addiction that I need to end.

I would love support and if anyone needs someone to talk too and motivate, day to day. I'm here to talk.

My weight goes from 255 to 262. Last time I weighed myself was couple weeks ago, I've been on a on and off diet. I'm officially starting today. I'll put my true weight in after I get off work.

Replies

• Motor_Election
    Motor_Election Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Your motivations are really strong ones! They're the kind of ones that you won't forget fast and they'll really help you push to your goals. I also love that you haven't mentioned anything about "a goal weight". That makes me believe that your goal is more to get healthy/fit and be better looking (thinner) as a consequence of being healthy.
    I can only suggest not trying to go too hard, be it on your diet or in the gym. I think it's always better to ease into different, healthier lifestyle instead of changing it radically.
    Do you have any plan of how you are going to tackle this journey? :smiley:
  • KTaurusW0516
    Options
    I would love to say, "I want to be fit and strong." However, I do believe I need to lose weight or be thinner in order to start working on harder workouts and trying to gain muscle. I know I will gain muscle as I go but, I'm more focus on losing the fat.
    I've learned from past experience if I work hard and have one bad day, I'm extra hard on myself. I do plan on going easy. If I end up having great days with lots of working out and great foods. That will be an amazing day. My goal is to find a perfect diet for my lifestyle that I can get use to for the rest of my life without trying to drill it in my brain, every second.
    I started a new job that keeps me active in the day, however on my night shifts. (Like, right now.) It's a very slow night and I do my best to do small workouts here and there. I remember my JH year and Freshman year, I did these 30 Day Challenge workouts (Abs, Squats, Arms, Legs, etc.) to motivate me to finish and it worked. I'm trying that out with a bonus walk with my sister, a mile or two a day. (We were already walking but, only like 30 minutes a day.) I'm not quite ready or confident to run, yet.
  • Motor_Election
    Motor_Election Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stress too much about "not exercising enough". I truly believe that the only way to lose weight is to change eating habits. Slowly take away bad habits and turn your lifestyle into a healthy lifestyle. :wink:
  • chrissietiny
    chrissietiny Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am about the same weight. My goal is to have more energy and to get off migraine and blood pressure meds. Feel free to add me :) I am super active, posting a lot.
  • KTaurusW0516
    Options
    I also believe its the diet that is more effective verses the exercise. However, when I'm not working, I will add more exercise that day to keep up with what my body is use to getting day to day. Thank you. :smiley:
  • KTaurusW0516
    Options
    Mine would be to fight against low iron. I don't chomp on ice but, I do get tired easily after a true long day of hard work. My Mom battles against it, way more, then I do. She chomps on her ice and sleeps whenever she has time. She is always pressuring me to do better then her. I hope to inspire her one of these days to fight back all the way and we won't worry about taking naps in the middle of the day.