• AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    Don't cheat.

I'm told by my coach to have a cheat meal so that's why I asked
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What is your definition of a cheat meal? Higher calories than normal? Different food than you normally eat? Did your coach give you any guidelines regarding calories or macros of this meal?
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Eat things you like and don't eat things you don't like.

If you want a high calorie meal, one thing you might do is order a pizza. Another is to eat a whole bag of nuts.

Choose your own adventure.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    Eat things you like and don't eat things you don't like.

If you want a high calorie meal, one thing you might do is order a pizza. Another is to eat a whole bag of nuts.

Choose your own adventure.

If I were to choose a high calorie meal right now, I would go for French onion soup with provolone and very nice soup bread, but it's too much work... so yeah, pizza is a good option.

OP, has your trainer specified why they want you to cheat? Is it for your sanity on a restrictive diet, or are they manipulating your macros? Like a carb refeed or something?
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    What is your definition of a cheat meal? Higher calories than normal? Different food than you normally eat? Did your coach give you any guidelines regarding calories or macros of this meal?

No guidelines just said cheat meal burger and fries he said
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'd talk To the coach if you are still confused. He should explain the plan on a way that you are able to understand and follow.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Tonight I’m having my first refeed on my cut where I won’t log it entirely, which I consider a cheat cause I’m not tracking it and just enjoying it. It’s like a modified “cheat” lol. Going to keep my carbs extremely high and fat and protein low. Shooting for 500-600 carb, less than 20 fat, and prob around 80-100 protein. So my plan is blaze pizza with no cheese, some subway sandwiches, bunch of rice cakes with jam....etc.....all the sugar and carbs!!!!! :p lol
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

No guidelines just said cheat meal burger and fries he said

I could have burger and fries and come way under my calorie goal. If he wants you to hit a certain calorie goal, let's say maintenance or above, then plan something a little higher in calories than you would normally eat. Or does he want you to relax and pick a meal you enjoy without tracking? Then do that.
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I like to do sushi because you can really decide exactly how much and what you want to get (sashimi for low cal, nigiri for medium, rolls [especially with sauces] for high), so if your definition of “cheat” is to just have something fun, or “eat at maintenance” or “go nuts”, you can make it work regardless.
  • hookahbinx
    hookahbinx Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Get a bacon cheese burger and fries. Enjoy it goku
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm pizza and wings. Tacos. Nachos. Bacon cheeseburger and fries.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    I guess you need to know why he is suggesting burger and fries - does he just mean a high calorie treat meal with no attention to nutrition, just for something you enjoy?

I have fries quite regularly so that isnt a special treat for me (in measured amounts, of course) - and i dont eat burgers at all - but i could find a substitute treat if that was the purpose.

• snemberton
    snemberton Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If I wanted to eat a “cheat” meal, I’d go to the Mexican joint down the street and have a basket of chips with a bowl of queso, then order either the nachos with chicken, shrimp and steak (more queso too!) or the Pollo Loco, chicken and rice smothered in queso. Maybe a margarita (or two!)

But I could even make a modified version of that easily for in maintenance calories and not completely blow my weight loss for the week, yet be more than satisfied. I figured out all my extra weight I put on was because I never exercised and had meals like that way too often. I’m learning that a good workout can enable me to still have those higher calorie options, just remember to do splurge like that less frequently. (Had spumoni gelato this weekend. Twice! But I ate within my non workout calorie amounts the whole day and did two pretty intense workout sessions that more than covered the extra calories.)
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My own homemade fried chicken and macaroni and cheese with tiny little green beans. Wine. Slice of cheesecake with cherries on top.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I can't do a full blown cheat meal, eating foods I wouldn't normally eat. My stomach would protest. So I just eat more of the foods I normally eat and I don't blow it all. I'll just eat a few hundred calories over maintenance if that.