Trying to maintain muscle, can I use the 30 day shred?

Options
The 30 day shred has circuits of bodyweight strength training. I have a lot of weight to use and want to maintain muscle the best that I can. Can I start out by using the 30 day shred or is this considered more of a cardio exercise? I’m still hesitant to go to the gym and lift weights because I don’t know what I’m doing. I will eventually get there but wondering if I can start with this. What do you think?

Replies

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Theres no reason not to, as long as you don't have any health issues that prevent it. The good thing about circuits is that it combines cardio and weight into the same routine, so it is a more efficient workout, especially for beginners.
  • Sel118
    Sel118 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes 30 day shred is great for toning and building muscle. I have been doing this along with Jillian's 6 wk 6 pack dvd 5 times a wk since early april and it has done wonders. The key thing for me is to keep upping the weights and adding resistance. I eventually got some ankle weights too which helped once I felt the exercises were getting easier. Keep at it and you will see results quickly :)
  • Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The most important part of maintaining muscle mass is getting enough protein. Try to eat at least 0.8-1gr of protein per pound of goal weight. The shred program will help maintain some mass too.