How is watching MFP videos of fatting recipes good for weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone and that will baffle me forever. It's all about what works for your body. For example.

A friend and I both joined MFP to diet together, she lost her goal of 70pds, me I achieved my weight loss goal of 40 pounds. We both have maintained for a year.

I eat meager healthy meals, watch my carbs, fat and sugar and eat no more than 1200 cals a day. I don't do sweets. My job has me on my feet 8k steps a day and I walk in the park 3 miles a day to burn (according to map my fitness) 300 cals

She, however, eats at least 2200 cals a day with a third of them her snacks. She ends her day with a 1.5 cups of ice cream, a fudge brownie and chocolate sauce. She has a sedentary lifestyle, but map my fitness says she burns 300 cals sitting at her desk. Her carbs are triple mine. She does not exercise and swears that the high-fat/sugar content is the reason she lost weight.

For one week I tried to mimic her diet (Not eat as much) and I put on 4 pounds.

It's what works for each individual. Maybe for some people more fat burns fat???

Comparison is the thief of joy...

Not enough information to make an accurate assessment but it sounds like you and your friend have vastly different TDEE's (based on your individual height/weight/age/activity level) and/or you are underestimating your calorie intake and/or you really aren't aware of what her full day is like.

It is what works for each individual - but it does all come down to total calories in and calories out, not whether you don't do sweets, eat more fat, etc.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I was in the community forum and MFP has a video up of recipes. I am watching as they add 8 oz of cream cheese, a whole stick of butter a cup of mini chocolate chips and 2.5 tablespoons of vanilla and a pinch of salt blend it all up and show it being dipped with crackers. Humm.... that recipe has enough fat in it to blow your diet for a month. Love Cream Cheese and love butter but no way am I eating that and still losing weight. Ya think the might want to put some healthy recipies on there for the folks on her that are serious about losing weight. LOL -43 pounds and working on more. Oh I get it those are what you should not eat recipes LOL

I was serious about losing weight - lost all of the weight I set out to lose and am maintaining for about four years and never gave up eating sweets like this (sounds like my favorite cookie dough dip, did it also have powdered sugar by chance?).

There are plenty of healthy recipes available here and other places online - but really, any food can be part of an otherwise healthy diet, in the right context and dosage. Including cookie dough dip.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I was in the community forum and MFP has a video up of recipes. I am watching as they add 8 oz of cream cheese, a whole stick of butter a cup of mini chocolate chips and 2.5 tablespoons of vanilla and a pinch of salt blend it all up and show it being dipped with crackers. Humm.... that recipe has enough fat in it to blow your diet for a month. Love Cream Cheese and love butter but no way am I eating that and still losing weight. Ya think the might want to put some healthy recipies on there for the folks on her that are serious about losing weight. LOL -43 pounds and working on more. Oh I get it those are what you should not eat recipes LOL

Sounds like a Fat Bomb. Lots of people who do Keto, which is high fat (and low carb) have those.

Got a link? Or was it actually an ad?