My medicine Whole Food Plant Based/My life goal Balanced Person Feeling Whole

Options
StevLL
StevLL Posts: 921 Member
Yesterday marked my 1 year anniversary embarking on a WFPB journey. This site was my first support site from way back when and you guys are still the greatest gift to anyone needing support on this journey. In the past year I have resolved type 2 diabetes, reversed kidney disease, reversed COPD, reversed High BP, lowered Cholesterol and a few other chronic issues. So far to date I have dropped 136lbs and still have between 30-40lbs to go, but the number is not as important as the health and the ability to live fully again. I’m off of so many meds (13) and soon to be off the last three. Never doubt yourself and try to find ways to not just focus on the mechanics, but also the internal journey. When I focused on that instead of the mechanics, the mechanics took care of themselves. One day, one meal at a time and when you trip or misstep, refocus at the next meal and please don’t beat yourself up for being human. It is usually the self-betrayal and self-punishment for tripping that does so much more harm than the trip itself. WFPB way of eating has been more of an expression of self-love than a diet. It is now my lifestyle and I am committed to being the healthiest and fully evolved person I can be. Yesterday I started CrossFit/circuit training and I didn't die, who would’ve thunk. Hope this helps someone find their strength to succeed. I am working towards my health coaching certificate, I want to help other men and women, but especially we stoic superman types find health before we have to experience a medical crisis. Eat your spinach and broccoli and the rainbow of fruits and veggies and lean meats if you muste70rls0w1x7q.jpg
cg65ic4bwpac.jpg
and you’ll find a pot of healthy gold at the end of it. Plant-strong = heart strong.

Replies

• thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fantastic!
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great job! I follow WFPB too. Love the changes to my health.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations, that is such an achievement! :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Well done. I eat a plant heavy diet, with lean meats a couple of times a month, and fish once a week or so.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I am just embarking on eating more plant based- still working on it- trying for 2 of 3 plant based meals a day with mostly fruit/ veggie snacks-
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Love this. You rock.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger, healthier and happier. Good on you.
  • kdsagen2015
    kdsagen2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to embark on a WFPB diet but am having trouble getting started. What was your first step? I just looked at FORKS OVER KNIVES last night. All makes sense. But I'm crippled at the supermarket. Any advice where to start?
  • kdsagen2015
    kdsagen2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hearty congratulations, BTW. Please pardon my rudeness for not leading with that in my first reply.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @kdsagen2015 Check out the getting started threads....
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/getting-started
    Purchase and use a food scale.

Congratulations @StevLL
  • bobbimrn
    bobbimrn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look so healthy! And saved yourself a lot of heart ache from DM, You rock!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!