My step-daughter ignores me

borichfan1
borichfan1 Posts: 9 Member
edited May 2018 in Chit-Chat
I have a adult 40 yr old step-daughter (not my real step-daughter, she was my husband's stepdaughter, adopted daughter or whatever she is, she is not his bio child). We have had drama with her off & on for many years. We never see her, and she might talk to my husband about 5 times a year on the phone. And even tho she don't like me, she still insists on being friends with me on facebook, (she thinks as long as we are friends on facebook we getting along). But she will talk to my husband, she calls him occasionally but when i send her a message on facebook messenger or text message, she ignores it, i don't get a reply back from her I've had about enough of her ignoring me. Over the years, we have deleted & re-added each other back on facebook, but the last time i deleted her, it was after we ran into her at walmart & she had her brother's kid & her sister's grandkids with her, she was standing there & introducing my husband to the kids as their Papaw, but did not even point me out & introduce me as their step-mamaw or nothing. Made me feel left out like she don't claim me. I deleted her after that day, but about a month later when she realized it, she called my husband & asked why she got deleted, he told her why, & she said she thought we was getting along (because she talk to him occasionally on the phone). BUT she don't talk to me she ignores me when i try to text her. I had added her back on my friends, but am seriously thinking about deleting her again for good. She just wants her name to be on my facebook friend list for show, but will not go out of her way to be friendly with me or reply to my text or nothing. I think she is being FAKE with me & i think it is in my best interest if i just DELETE her & move on, but to avoid confrontation & drama with her, maybe first post about a decision to take a break away from facebook & unfollowing & deleting some people & stuff because i am making my facebook private for CLOSE friends only. Because i DO spend too much time on facebook, especially when i have her on my friends, my Anxiety kicks in. I may post i am taking a break from facebook to have time or more important things to cook healthy, eat right, exercise & loose weight, & enjoy my summer off work. Hopefully she won't take it personally. I'm tired of reaching out to her multiple times just to have her ignore me, but she talk to my husband. Should I delete her? If i delete her, how should i go about doing it?
1. Just delete her & do or say nothing.
2. Post that i am making changes to my facebook & removing some friends that i am not close to & unfollowing groups ect. to have more time offline because i been spending too much time on facebook.

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I dunno, maybe stop calling her "not your real step daughter." Maybe she can sense that attitude from you.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,266 Member

Agreed
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited May 2018
    You don't get along. That's life sometimes. Either make a real effort to include her more often and be family, or be cordial when you meet, invite her when it's good for her father that you do so, and otherwise don't worry about her.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Unfriend her without making an announcement and stop thinking about it. You are acquaintances through your husband not friends or close family. Your husband does not seem particularly close to her or her siblings if the grandchildren do not know him and they only chat 5 times a year.

If she notices and asks you can say you are cutting back on facebook. If she gets mad it doesn't really matter because you have almost zero relationship anyway.

Or just keep her on the friend list but don't bother texting or sending messages to her.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    You both sound like you're emotionally children. You're not friends regardless of your fb relationship status.

Either

a) have an actual adult conversation with her and try to forge a relationship with her; or

b) accept that she is 40 years old, has her own life and you're not a part of it.
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    You both sound like you're emotionally children. You're not friends regardless of your fb relationship status.

Either

a) have an actual adult conversation with her and try to forge a relationship with her; or

b) accept that she is 40 years old, has her own life and you're not a part of it.

Well put...they need to put their big-girl panties on and talk...or don’t and move on...too easy.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    delete and block her so she doesn't even know you're still on facebook. But if she's creepy enough to have ghost accounts and still spy on you, lock that stuff down and keep it private.

You don't "owe" anyone attention. Nor does she owe you anything including response to your text messages. I would never contact her again, period.

It speaks absolute volumes to me that you didn't mention any of you getting together for any holiday(s).
    She is not family in my opinion. End of story.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    What is the purpose of trolling if you’re not going to stick around and troll?

ggj6k03q7qxw.gif

Drive by trolling is a real thing

Can’t quit giggling at this