Starting my Victoria’s Secret diet, so nervous but also so excited!

Hi everyone, I moved recently to another country so I gained a lot of weight, I have been struggling with that but I decided that instead of feeling bad with my body and what I do I would start doing something about it in order to feel better with myself, I’m going to work as hard as I can, hope everything goes well

Replies

• LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 264 Member
    Good on you. We all have too many body hangups and let it rule our lives.
    Knowing that your doing something about it, for me is a great boost.
    Good luck.
    Ive sent a friend request. Feel free to accept
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    What is the VS diet?
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    cathipa wrote: »
    What is the VS diet?

I'm curious, as well. I see a link that explains individual model's diets, but they are quite varied.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/403266-a-victorias-secret-models-diet/
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hi everyone, I moved recently to another country so I gained a lot of weight, I have been struggling with that but I decided that instead of feeling bad with my body and what I do I would start doing something about it in order to feel better with myself, I’m going to work as hard as I can, hope everything goes well

Awesome! Perfect choice.....take action instead of be a victim! I should put the "be a victim" in quotes....

It is empowering to take action. So glad that you have decided to do that.

Like the others have stated, not sure what the Victoria Sectret's Diet it....

A "diet" is simply being in a caloric deficit. To do that you need to know what your maintenance is. Maintenance is the amount of caloric intake at which you neither gain nor lose weight. Once you know your maintenance then you can reduce your caloric intake.

Since we do not know any details about you (age, height, weight) then I will generically mention that for most people if you wanted to gain a pound in one week (seven days) then you would need to be in a caloric surplus of roughly 500 calories each day (or, in terms of one week....a caloric surplus of roughly 3,500 calories). Same thing for losing a pound in one week....only, naturally, you would be in a caloric deficit of roughly 500 calories a day (or, again, in terms of one week....a caloric deficit of roughly 3,500 calories).

Does this help?