This can’t be correct!

Options
vallary14
vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
I started wearing my Fitbit on my belt loop today (dress code) and somehow Fitbit recorded 238 minutes of activity but my steps seem accurate a bit over 7,000 so now I’m not sure how many exercise calories I should be allowing myself if this is how a workday is going to go now that I’m not allowed to wear on my wrist.

Replies

• raviiin
    raviiin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i dont see the benefit of logging casual everyday activity as exercise?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I clip mine to my bra, and it seems pretty accurate. Do you have another place to try wearing it? I'm not sure what it seems to be picking up for you as activity.
  • vallary14
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I clip mine to my bra, and it seems pretty accurate. Do you have another place to try wearing it? I'm not sure what it seems to be picking up for you as activity.

I thought about my bra, I’ll try that and see how that compares.
  • vallary14
    Options
    raviiin wrote: »

I actually do run my butt off at work but today was the first day I didn’t wear my Fitbit on my wrist.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    vallary14 wrote: »

I actually do run my butt off at work but today was the first day I didn’t wear my Fitbit on my wrist.

I like the added numbers. They can be fun. I wore mine on vacation to Europe last summer. That's how I know I walked 111 miles in 18 days. (Of course, my feet were letting me know that I was doing much more than usual, there was that hint)
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options

If you select your job as sedentary or self adjust to a baseline that includes almost nothing because sometimes that happens. That can be more accurate than trying to figure out what an average day is if they vary a lot.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options

If you select your job as sedentary or self adjust to a baseline that includes almost nothing because sometimes that happens. That can be more accurate than trying to figure out what an average day is if they vary a lot.

Yeah, this is what works for me. Are you using a fitbit one (clip-on style) or one of the fitbits designed to be worn on the wrist? That can make a difference in how it calculates activity.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    And if your Fitbit measures heartrate, turn that function off while its not on your wrist.
  • FitKat123
    FitKat123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit Flex that I wore in a necklace. I got the necklace from Ebay. It was pretty. And, it was fairly accurate.