8 Week Keto Challenge (Post before and after)

Options

Replies

• 0704Johnston
    0704Johnston Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    OK I finished my estimates and my carbs were not as high as I thought.... but of course my calories are higher than they should be to lose... I tend to allow that when I am just working on getting back on track... I will do better to weight and measure my food tomorrow and plan to lower my calories as well as carbs
  • smfritsche
    smfritsche Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Would love to be a part of this group! How do you get fiber & sugar to show up in your screen shot above?
  • smfritsche
    smfritsche Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Never mind - I found it! Looking forward to sharing this journey with this group!
  • stephyyyo
    stephyyyo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    titianwasp wrote: »
    Day 2 was a little harder...woke up wayyyyy too early, and have been dragging ever since. Tea with a splash of half n half for breakfast, cup of miso soup for lunch, and then nice dinner, brick chicken leg with lime / bacon marinade and a sweet potato. #1 goal ? A good night’s sleep so tomorrow I don’t get so hungry!

Hope you feel better tomorrow and get a good night sleep!

Last time I got into ketosis I was getting in a lot of fat, medium protein and as little net carbs as possible and after 5 days I lost ALL hunger I was eating just cause I knew I had to haha but it’s an awesome side effect of keto!
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    OK I finished my estimates and my carbs were not as high as I thought.... but of course my calories are higher than they should be to lose... I tend to allow that when I am just working on getting back on track... I will do better to weight and measure my food tomorrow and plan to lower my calories as well as carbs

Oh good to hear! What helps me is track into MFP as I go/eat so that way I know how I’m doing and how big of a dinner I should eat haha
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    smfritsche wrote: »
    Never mind - I found it! Looking forward to sharing this journey with this group!

Welcome!! Good luck tomorrow!
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    Day 2:

Today I had chicken with shrimp and green beans for lunch (picture included), later I had two small avocados with onion, and lastly keto bread slice with peanut butter.

Macros: 77g protein, total carbs 40g, net carbs 16g, 75g of fat

Good day! Will try and lower total carbs however the fiber content lowered a lot so not too worried about it today.

u8iqqitnjssg.jpeg

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,413 Member
    Options
    I just found you and I'm in! I've been eating low carb/paleo/keto for quite a while now but far too many cheats. I'm struggling trying to get them out of my diet. I'm also interesting in trying IF - thinking about an 8 hour eating window during the day. I won't post a before/after picture but I'll try to post lots of meals :)

Short Term Goals:
    • No Dairy!
    • Total carbs 40/net 20
    • Start exercising more consistently
  • shallid1
    shallid1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    30th May
    Macros: 77g protein, total carbs 28g, net carbs 12g, 49g of fat
    CW - 231.8

Super proud yesterday into today...First time made it to 18/6. B)
  • sw33tie
    sw33tie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Starting tomorrow on the 1st!
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    shallid1 wrote: »
    30th May
    Macros: 77g protein, total carbs 28g, net carbs 12g, 49g of fat
    CW - 231.8

Super proud yesterday into today...First time made it to 18/6. B)

That’s amazing! Great macros!
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    I just found you and I'm in! I've been eating low carb/paleo/keto for quite a while now but far too many cheats. I'm struggling trying to get them out of my diet. I'm also interesting in trying IF - thinking about an 8 hour eating window during the day. I won't post a before/after picture but I'll try to post lots of meals :)

Short Term Goals:
    • No Dairy!
    • Total carbs 40/net 20
    • Start exercising more consistently

Welcome!! I also want to start exercising more consistently!
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    sw33tie wrote: »
    I'm in! Starting tomorrow on the 1st!

Sounds good, welcome!!
  • sunflowergurleygurl
    sunflowergurleygurl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started strict keto on Tuesday. Said I was going to do it for 30 days, but plain to continue on. It's easier to say 30 days than forever. I'm hoping after 30 days it will be a way of life for me or a habit to eat this way. I will start posting my macros and meals starting this evening.
  • macrominimama
    macrominimama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is perfect timing! I am 65F/30P/5C and trying to hit around 1600 calories. Some days I have to mess with the carb / fat ratios but getting easier to keep the carbs down as the days go by.
  • 0704Johnston
    Options
    Today's food:

B - crushed pork rind very low carb "french toast" and SF/LC chai tea latte

L - Keto poke.... salad base, raw salmon, cooked shrimp, GF soy sauce, sesame oil, tiny bit spicy mayo, seame seeds and edamame

D - thin sliced deli ham and ultra thin sliced sharp cheddar and mayo wrapped around lettuce, orange bell pepper, pickle and onion

S - Allulite LC Chocolate
  • 0704Johnston
    Options
    Monday I start training for a half marathon so I also purchased some exogenous ketones
  • 0704Johnston
    Options
    Woo hoo today was better
    1247 cal, 29 carb

Still workingon my measuring instead of estimating
  • shallid1
    shallid1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Monday I start training for a half marathon so I also purchased some exogenous ketones

I have bought these also to see if it really helps with staying and maintaining ketosis. I have decided to do a personal test with it.... 1st week without it and 2nd week with it, just to see how my body reacts and weight loss. I plan on duplicating the 2 weeks meal plans to ensure some measure of control. Results by the 16th.
  • 0704Johnston
    Options
    If I stick to my planned food for today I will be at 1250 cals, 16 carbs and good macro percentages