An "Adult Learners" thread....

Options
j3ff2mtbr
j3ff2mtbr Posts: 55 Member
So I recently went back to school in my early 40's on top of normal life with kids and a career. I've quickly realized that the only way I get my exercise in is to treat it like an exam that I absolutely cannot miss! That wonderful sounding theory is much harder to implement in real life so I'm hoping to start a group of folks who get it and can provide encouragement, motivation, and support as we venture to better our minds while minimizing the adverse effects to our bodies.

Seems appropriate to share what you are studying and why. I'll go first....

I'm Jeff and I'm doing an Executive MBA program at UNC Chapel Hill's Kenan-Flagler Business School. I'm hoping to start my own business in the next 5 years.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am working on a Masters in Microbiology. It is tough but very interesting.
  • j3ff2mtbr
    j3ff2mtbr Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Nice! Is that a very quantitative subject? My one bio class in undergrad was interesting to say the least, it basically got turned into a religion debate class about Darwin. smh
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Nice.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    j3ff2mtbr wrote: »
    Nice! Is that a very quantitative subject? My one bio class in undergrad was interesting to say the least, it basically got turned into a religion debate class about Darwin. smh

yes, science can easily lead into lots of religion or ethical debates. I enjoy that part of it too, IF there is a group of people able to debate without getting too emotionally charged about it.