Need some motivation

Options
Been a kinda rubbish few days, I've been really bad at logging my food, and when I'm doing it later, I'm over my target. I'm not massively over, and it's probably within my maintenance range, but it's still pretty disheartening.

I'm finding it hard to find the motivation to keep logging my meals as I'm going. I normally cook in my house, but we've had a few days where my other half's cooked, or we've been out and it's really gone by the wayside.

What do you guys do when you're finding it hard to keep logging?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that logging is just a method, supposed to be helpful, to eat less. Have you tried prelogging?
  • chrisahubbard
    chrisahubbard Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I haven’t logged for months. It’s nice to have this community even if I’m not logging. I don’t feel the stress of making sure I’m under or logging every Cheerio. I get the benefit of having people to chase my goals with. I still weigh weekly so I log weight. Which is nice to see that without logging I am still losing because I am conscious of portions.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that logging is just a method, supposed to be helpful, to eat less. Have you tried prelogging?
    Would that be inputting the ingredients first, and the using that like a recipe, rather than the other way around? I've never tried that before.

I haven’t logged for months. It’s nice to have this community even if I’m not logging. I don’t feel the stress of making sure I’m under or logging every Cheerio. I get the benefit of having people to chase my goals with. I still weigh weekly so I log weight. Which is nice to see that without logging I am still losing because I am conscious of portions.
    I honestly don't trust myself to not log right now. I'm still very much at the beginning of my weight loss and I don't think I've ingrained my healthy eating habits fully yet. Ultimately my goal is to be where you are, and it's great to hear that it can work for some people, but I don't think I'm quite there yet :smile:
  • chrisahubbard
    chrisahubbard Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't trust myself to not log right now. I'm still very much at the beginning of my weight loss and I don't think I've ingrained my healthy eating habits fully yet. Ultimately my goal is to be where you are, and it's great to hear that it can work for some people, but I don't think I'm quite there yet :smile: [/quote]

To be honest I don’t know that I’m there yet. I have accepted the fluctuations in weight and the setbacks.