Anyone have a Motiv fitness ring?

Options
Just curious as to whether anyone on here has a Motiv fitness ring. Thinking about buying one, but finding mixed reviews.

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,983 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Someone here has one because I found out about it when s/he posted a msg in a thread about it.

Considered buying one but my phones (both Apple & Android) are too old and use obsolete OSs and can't be updated to make use of the ring's app.

The ring is only fully functional for iPhones now. They are beta testing the ring w/Android phones. Had a chance to buy one for $20 off but that wasn't enough to pay for a new phone. ;)

Not worth buying a new phone just to use the ring/app, especially since I only planned to use the ring as a HR monitor. Don't really need it for anything else.

Of course, I could buy a chest stramp which is a lot cheaper but I already own 2 of those; a Garmin for my rower that stopped working and a Omron for my stationary bike that works only intermittently. So, I really don't care to buy another chest strap that's just as likely to malfunction.

Chances also are that the Motiv will be no better in terms of reliability and that I'll just pay for an even more expensive device that doesn't work. So, I prefer to just do w/o.

Great idea, though and, when/if I buy a new phone, I'll consider buying one then, assuming the reviews on reliability/functionality justify it.