The same stupid 10 lbs over and over!

Options
Anyone else in this boat? I am just getting back into dieting ...again.....only to lose the same stinkin' 10 lbs....AGAIN! Over the past 2 years I have lost(and gained) these same pounds at least 5 or 6 times! I am so tired of these same numbers over and over on the scale. Well this time I am through playing! Losing it for the last time!

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Anyone else in this boat? I am just getting back into dieting ...again.....only to lose the same stinkin' 10 lbs....AGAIN! Over the past 2 years I have lost(and gained) these same pounds at least 5 or 6 times! I am so tired of these same numbers over and over on the scale. Well this time I am through playing! Losing it for the last time!

it means you are eating maintenance calories to maintain current weight. how are you gauging your calorie intake? what tools are you using?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

When you lose the weight, do you go on a diet and eat in a way you are happy to leave once you hit goal weight? Do you do a lot of exercise that it's not realistic to continue doing once you are maintaining?

If so, try to use your time logging on MFP to play around with your diet and activity level until you find a way of eating that easily keeps you at the right calorie level. Look for a plan that isn't temporary, but something that can be your new way of eating/activity level going forward. Good luck!
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Oh I know what's happening. I diet a while, then I quit, when the scale starts approaching an unacceptable number I get motivated gain. I guess I just keep self-sabotaging every time when I stop watching what I eat after I lose about 10 lbs. It's not that I diet so extremely or anything I just quit. I haven't wanted it badly enough, but this time I'm doing it!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    why not lose15 pounds this time and give yourself a 5 pound maximum limit of regain before you cut calories to keep it under control. most successful maintainers say that maitenence is basically losing and regaining the same 2 to five pounds.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Im on round 3 of losing 20 pounds this year. I lose 20 gain in back lose gain lose gain. I eat 2k daily. i just hit a point and get so hungry and quit tracking and Im right back where i started.

• jillfrancene
    jillfrancene Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m with you! I stopped meal planning I am definitely a stress eater!!! I go 175 to 165 easily. Myself I get so tight from working out! I wish there was a better way. But I went through a time with a pinched nerve and finally last week went to the chiropractor. I am way set back. But on the up and up now! 10lbs is hard to do ! I’ll do it with you! I’m new to this app and using communities so I hope I get notifications automatically!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    10 lbs is hard to lose especially if you dont have a lot to lose. the closer you are to gaol the harder it is for weight to be lost. and if you arent accurate with your calorie intake(weighing food on a food scale) the difference between maintaining and losing is a few hundred calories which are easy to eat excess calories without trying if you dont know how much you are truly eating. not to mention weight can fluctuate hour to hour,day to day so a 10 lbs difference could be water weight,that time of the month,excess waste (if constipated) and so on.
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I don't really know what I'm doing with this community posting stuff either but we'll see! Anyhow...yes we can do it! For reals this time!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I don't really know what I'm doing with this community posting stuff either but we'll see! Anyhow...yes we can do it! For reals this time!!

maybe you are hoping that you will get ideas and support? if so then you are doing it right :)