Accountability / support

Options
Right, last year I was at my target weight and I got there through slimming world. I'd been at the group for 4 years but really only focused in the last 12 months to lose the 2 stone (28lbs for our US friends) that I needed to. Long story short, we had a change of leader who didn't motivate me and I was getting fed up with the food, I wanted a pie but it was beyond evil so I left.

I've come back to MFP having been here before but I am really struggling. I miss that accountability and the support of the group. My motivation really sucks! How do you do this on your own?

I'm now back up nearly a stone and a half (21lbs) and really need to shift it.

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I actually would do pretty badly in an accountability group. I hate being accountable for my actions in front of other people.

I can do it on my own because I just want to look good (like I used to) more than I want that [insert any food] that would get me above my calories today.

Also I don't do deficit every day. Just when it is not too much of a torture. I take it easy, at my own pace, not needing to explain myself and my plans to anyone. I feel I've got old enough not to have to explain myself to others for wanting to go a bit over maintanance when I feel like it.

Being accountable to others is limiting to me.

I've lost 30lbs.
  • gymboy666
    gymboy666 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    I actually would do pretty badly in an accountability group. I hate being accountable for my actions in front of other people.

I can do it on my own because I just want to look good (like I used to) more than I want that [insert any food] that would get me above my calories today.

Also I don't do deficit every day. Just when it is not too much of a torture. I take it easy, at my own pace, not needing to explain myself and my plans to anyone. I feel I've got old enough not to have to explain myself to others for wanting to go a bit over maintanance when I feel like it.

Being accountable to others is limiting to me.

I've lost 30lbs.

With you on this totally...