7-month Bulk Results

Options
Just finished my seven-month bulk. I started at 5'5", 126 lbs and ended 14 lbs heavier at 140 lbs. Here are the changes in my body.

Neck: + 0.25"
Shoulders: + 2.5"
Chest: + 0/0.5"
Biceps: + 1"
Forearms: + 0.75"
Wrists: + 0.5"
Waist: + 1.25/2"
Hips: + 2.75"
Quads: + 2.75"
Calves: + 1"

Honestly, I pretty much look just as lean as I started, which feels pretty good. In the end, I was eating 3000 cals, and some days had to shovel about half of that into my face at dinner.

The goal now is to recomp, so we'll see how this goes. I'm doing doubles most days, Lifting 4x a week, doing a WOD 2-3x a week, and running 3x a week. Running at 14 lbs heavier is HARD!

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Wow sounds like you did fantastic, increases all around! I was hoping for some photos to show what bulking done right looks like (but yea I understand not wanting to post on a public forum) but im sure you look amazing, great job! Good luck recomping!
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    @sardelsa I'll PM you my IG. I've got a before/after on there.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen. Come on, now! :p
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen. Come on, now! :p

Pfft... girl, you've seen my pics!
  • sardelsa
    Options
    I forgot to ask you @Davidsdottir ... Have you ever recomped after a bulk, or is this going to be your first time with it? I don't remember if we talked about this before. I really want to try it but I don't think I have the patience for it.. also I feel like I would just spin my wheels and just keep losing and gaining water weight (even though I know it works and have seen many successful people that do it).
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    No, @sardelsa, I've always cut after, but I feel like I just spin my wheels up and down, never really keeping any gains. I'm in uncharted territory for me and I'm super nervous to be honest.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Naw I wouldn't be nervous in your situation. You did an ultra lean bulk, your bodyfat% hardly budged, you still look lean, why go and cut and risk losing any gains. In my case I gained quite a bit of fat.. my waist measurement went up around 3" like my chest and hips.. so everything grew!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    1" bicep gain damn. Impressive! I bet you've got a pair of guns on you after that. Anytime I do a bulk if I can pull of an inch it's considered a great outcome.

How long are you running recomp for?
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    1" bicep gain damn. Impressive! I bet you've got a pair of guns on you after that. Anytime I do a bulk if I can pull of an inch it's considered a great outcome.

My plan is to recomp for about six months, until I go on vacation for the week of Thanksgiving. After that, I'll reevaluate and most likely bulk again for about six months.

I did get the best compliment at the gym today, though...

There's this badass little chick who does figure. She said I should think about doing it because she's, "sure there's a lot of muscle under there." I'm officially a little chubby (and I love it)!
  • sardelsa
    Options

My plan is to recomp for about six months, until I go on vacation for the week of Thanksgiving. After that, I'll reevaluate and most likely bulk again for about six months.

There's this badass little chick who does figure. She said I should think about doing it because she's, "sure there's a lot of muscle under there." I'm officially a little chubby (and I love it)!

Wow that's awesome.. for a figure competitor to say that, you must look like a beast.
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Naw I wouldn't be nervous in your situation. You did an ultra lean bulk, your bodyfat% hardly budged, you still look lean, why go and cut and risk losing any gains. In my case I gained quite a bit of fat.. my waist measurement went up around 3" like my chest and hips.. so everything grew!

I'm amused that my chest didn't change. #ForeverBCup
  • Davidsdottir
    Options

Wow that's awesome.. for a figure competitor to say that, you must look like a beast.

Well, I probably outweigh her by 25 lbs, so it's all relative hahaha
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

I feel that.

ETA: My sports bras don't fit my lats anymore, though.
  • sardelsa
    Options

For me it wasn't so much the cup but the whole size of my chest/back. Probably back fat vs actual muscle growth though.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

I feel that.

My regular bras don't fit my lats anymore. I don't think they make A cups in that large a band size. :lol:
  • Davidsdottir
    Options

I feel that.

My regular bras don't fit my lats anymore. I don't think they make A cups in that large a band size. :lol:

That's why I wear these Lily of France stretchy sports bra style things with regular straps!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I just go bra less. Seems to work well for me :lol:
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I will chime in here......y'all are amazing! Nuff said!!!!