Not losing weight! (Vent)

Options
Disclaimer: I know the weight will come off. I know I have to give it time. I know the weight fluctuations are normal. I am weighing/logging all my food.

That said, I'm just having a frustrated moment and want to vent a bit. I have been up and down between 202.6 and 204.8 for the last two weeks. I'm SO close to hitting the under 200 mark and just haven't quite gotten there. I'm very much looking forward to the next woosh! I just wish it would happen NOW lol

I keep reminding myself that I've begun more exercise than I've done in the last 30 years and that's going to cause some water retention. I remind myself that I'm now able to walk two miles when 0.2 miles used to have me winded and wanting to die. I've gotten up to two miles on the bike when I hadn't ridden one in 30 years or more. And that's with hills, so there's that.

I KNOW all of these things, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating when the scale seems stuck for a while.

Posting as much to let others know it happens to us all as I am to vent... but really needed to vent.

Thanks for listening!

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    The same thing happened to me in nearly the same place. I hit 201 the day before my birthday/my brother’s wedding (yes, same day). I wasn’t going to log that weekend so I expected probably another week. Monday after I was at 205. As I said, I knew that would happen. It took three weeks to get to 199. It ducked waiting that long, but it did happen.

Exactly, it DUCKS!!! lol I'm in for the long haul, so I know I'll get there, just bahhhhhhhhhh I want it now!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »
    The same thing happened to me in nearly the same place. I hit 201 the day before my birthday/my brother’s wedding (yes, same day). I wasn’t going to log that weekend so I expected probably another week. Monday after I was at 205. As I said, I knew that would happen. It took three weeks to get to 199. It ducked waiting that long, but it did happen.

Exactly, it DUCKS!!! lol I'm in for the long haul, so I know I'll get there, just bahhhhhhhhhh I want it now!

Yeah maybe I should get out of bed and off my phone, huh? ;)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Oops. I guess I should stop sneaking into your place and adjusting your scale.

Since you are a practical person and won't do anything foolish you are allowed to be impatient if you want. When you get somewhere private give yourself permission to scream. It is amazing how therapeutic it can be plus it will burn at least 2 extra calories. :smile:

• etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat within 177-178 lbs for 2 weeks! It really is super frustrating so I know exactly where you're coming from. Hopefully our weight starts to budge soon.
  • serindipte
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    When I was approaching One-derland I started taking off my glasses and watch when I weighed, and exhaling :smiley:

rofl, I don't have anything left to take off, BUT I did consider getting my hair cut!!
  • serindipte
    Options
    You've got this. But more importantly, is **ducks** the new **kitten**? :smiley:

Dear god please don't let me start another MFP trend!

Too late! lol
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    When my husband lost 75 lbs and was close to getting under 200 he would joke that he needed to lean just a bit on the scale to make the number right :smiley:
  • serindipte
    Options
    jayemes wrote: »
    When my husband lost 75 lbs and was close to getting under 200 he would joke that he needed to lean just a bit on the scale to make the number right :smiley:

Don't think I haven't tried it! lol... hasn't worked, yet!
  • serindipte
    edited June 2018
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Or, confuse your body by drinking ACV and switching your workouts to an hour of HIIT daily plus eating clean, no dairy and no cute animals (only ugly ones, like crawfish).

Nah, you know better than that, and so do I. Yes, plateaus *baby feline* duck. But they do end, and stressing about it only helps drive the bus in the wrong direction. Breeeeeaathe! ;)

The only workout change that might help involves getting a heavy punching bag . . . . ;););)

ACV.. no no, I'm thinking of going to have a deep colonic! That'd at least give me a temporary drop, right? rofl

Crawwwwwwwwwwwwwwfishhhhhhhhh... that's a meal I could sink my teeth into. We're nearing end of season. Maybe I can get one more crawfish boil in before it's over!

Punching bag, now that sounds like it would help tremendously!!! I'm not overly stressing about it, just watching and waiting, knowing the drop will come eventually :smiley: